February 2, 2022 – The University of Wisconsin-River Falls is hosting free Frances Cohler Coffee Concerts at noon on most Fridays through May 6.
The series features performances by UWRF music faculty as well as guest artists on Friday. All performances are free and open to the public. Performances are held in the Abbott Concert Hall in Kleinpell Fine Arts. Due to COVID-19 concerns, masks are required in all campus buildings.
Scheduled performances include:
- Feb. 11 – Stillwater (Minn.)-native Solveig Neseth, soprano, and Denis Evstuhin, piano, who is the music curator and founder of the classical music series of the Museum of Russian Art in Minneapolis
- March 4 – Maithree, World Music Ensemble
- March 25 – Mlada Khudoley, Russian soprano, who lives in Minnetonka, Minn., and Evstuhin, piano
- April 1 – Tadeusz Majewski, Polish-born pianist from Minneapolis
- April 22 – Ji Young Lee, an international pianist born in Korea, and Hector Landa, an assistant professor of music at UW-Superior, piano duet
- April 29 – Isles Ensemble, chamber music
- May 6 – Colleen Raye, Wisconsin-native alto
Coffee and cookies are served after each concert in the lobby. Concert performers may be subject to change.
The series is named in memory of Cohler, a New Richmond native and 1974 music alumna. The naming of the series was made possible through a generous donation from Mary Ella Jerome and her family foundation to honor their lifelong friendship and shared love of music that started at UWRF.
Donations are accepted through the UWRF Foundation to support the series.