MILWAUKEE, Wis. – MobCraft Beer is dedicating the December crowdsourced vote to support nonprofit organizations in honor of National Giving Month. The beer ideas of ten nonprofits are represented and the vote is now open to the public to determine the winner. The beer with the most votes wins and gets brewed with a portion of the sales from the winning beer getting donated to the corresponding nonprofit organization. The public vote ends on December 28, 2022. The public can vote here.
The ten finalist in the December public vote include:
- Puppy Chow Porter: An ode to our canine companions, inspired by the quintessential Midwest holiday “dessert snack,” puppy chow. This dark, well-hopped, full-bodied brew will have a nutty maltiness with key tasting notes of chocolate, vanilla, peanut butter (a pup’s favorite) and powdered sugar. – Submitted by Wisconsin Humane Society
- Sunshine On My Shoulder: Belgian Golden Strong Ale brewed with cranberries and orange peel. – Submitted by AfterHours Denver
- Bronze Fonz Saison: A spicy, earthy and a bit fruity Saison with ginger, orange peel and grains of paradise along with Rye, Pilsner, and Vienna malt paired with Saaz hops, and Wyeast Belgian Saison yeast. – Submitted by Walker’s Point Youth & Family Center
- Cherrity Stout: Smokey, milky, chocolatey, cherry Stout. – Submitted by Lions Club of Waterford Wisconsin
- George on the Fringe: George, orange, fringe, singe… say that 5 times fast. This beer is a once in a blue moon spicy, orange margarita wheat-style beer. With a tinge of jalapeño and a punch of citrus, your taste buds will be dancing. – Submitted by Milwaukee Fringe Festival
- Free & Local American Wheat: A fresh and innovative wheat beer featuring Citra hops, Pilsner malts and German Lager yeast. – Submitted byHunger Task Force, Inc.
- Wildflower Witbier: Wheat Ale inspired by the prairies at Lakeshore State Park Milwaukee’s Urban Oasis. Floral notes of wild bergamot, Bee Balm and Virginia Mountain Mint lend aromatic flavor along with added citrusy notes to provide a refreshing, satisfying beer.- Submitted by Friends of Lakeshore State Park
- Heartworm Treatment: Pastry Stout with fig, blueberry and spicy cinnamon flavors. The flavors of this beer are sweet with a little spice to warm your heart, and incorporate the fig and blueberry fruits that are popular in the homeland of many of our dogs. – Submitted by Fetch Wisconsin Rescue
- Graduation Day IPA: Bright, citrusy hops and hints of winter melon in this jubilant IPA. – Submitted by Literacy Services of Wisconsin
- Prairie Buzz IPA: Rye IPA with Bee Balm (Wild Bergamot). – Submitted by Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin
Henry Schwartz, MobCraft President and Co-Founder, states, “We had nearly 30 nonprofit organizations submit great beer ideas, the most we have ever received for our December vote! This will be the 6th beer we have partnered with a nonprofit to brew, but only the second time we are letting the public determine the winner in a monthly vote solely dedicated to nonprofits. I can’t wait for a winner to be named, brew a damn good beer, and do some good in the world along the way.”
Shelly Torkelson, a member of Community Conservation Inc. that won the 2021 December nonprofit vote adds, “The Tipsy Tiger brew day and release party was so fun! The beer is delicious and refreshing and we absolutely love how the label artwork turned out. We seriously can’t thank you enough for doing all this for us! The tigers would thank you too if they could.”
MobCraft is always looking for great beer ideas from the public for future crowdsourced votes. The public can submit their ideas through the MobCraft Beer website here.