Green Bay, Wis.—Many area businesses lived through their worst-case scenarios during the pandemic. Disruption and interruption were especially felt in company supply chains, the process of getting products or services delivered to end consumers.
UW-Green Bay leaders recognized a new kind of adeptness was called for and developed a noncredit certificate program in Supply Chain Management that delivers integrated exposure across functions. The new online certificate program will be offered in six-week courses and can be completed in seven months or paced over multiple semesters.
“We developed the program for individuals already working in supply chain management or working in other areas of business and looking to advance into supply chain management,” says Teri Zuege-Halvorson, area director of Continuing Professional Education. “A company’s success really depends on its ability to manage, adapt and control its supply chain.”
Core courses across functions include:
- Supply Chain Management — Provides a high-level overview of the supply chain process, including analytical tools and applications.
- Project Management — Participants learn how to clearly define the scope, planning activities, budget and cost management of projects in accordance with the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK®), used around the world.
- Logistics Management — Participants learn how to provide support for storage and distribution of goods and services from an enterprise standpoint, with and without channel partners.
- Operations Management — Covers activities related to planning in manufacturing and services.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) — Provides the basic structure of an ERP system in an organization.
Engaged adults interested in taking on this critical role to coordinate the flow of information, funds and products, maximizing customer value and competitive advantage are encouraged to register by July 19 for Fall 2021.
The program has been developed as part of UW-Green Bay’s Division of Continuing Education and Community Engagement. To learn more about the program and how it might be customized visit the website http://www.uwgb.edu/certificate-programs/supply-chain-management/ or contact Business Development Specialist Judy Price at email@example.com or 920-366-8328.
About UW-Green Bay’s Division of Continuing Education and Community Engagement
The Division of Continuing Education and Community Engagement focuses its mission on creating educational opportunity and access for all ages, encompassing K-12 student programs, personal and professional development and customized training to meet the needs of a progressive economy. The division develops, collaborates and executes responsive solutions for diverse communities statewide, all of which reflect a deep commitment to inclusion, social justice and civic responsibility. For more information, visit: www.uwgb.edu/continuing-education.