MADISON, Wis. — Dairy farmers and supporters will connect with state lawmakers and hear about key agricultural policy issues and programs Jan. 18 at the Dairy Business Association’s annual Dairy Day at the Capitol.
News media are encouraged to attend the morning program prior to DBA members’ visits with individual lawmakers. Leaders and members of the association will be available for interviews. A press release outlining the association’s top policy objectives will be available to participating reporters at the event prior to wide distribution.
IF YOU GO
When: Tuesday, Jan. 18
Time: 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
Where: Wisconsin Capitol, Room 412 East
Registration: Contact Jamie Mara at DBA, [email protected]
- 9 a.m. — Registration
- 9:15 a.m. — Welcome by DBA President Amy Penterman and Assembly Speaker Robin Vos
- 9:30 a.m. — Discussion about the fate of redistricting in Wisconsin with Joe Handrick of Common Sense Wisconsin and Elizabeth Trevino of the National Democratic Redistricting Committee
- 10:15 a.m. — Dairy Innovation Hub progress update by Dr. Heather White, faculty director
- 11 a.m. — Lawmaker panel discussion about agricultural policy
- 12 p.m. — Members-only briefing by DBA government affairs staff and visits to offices