“We’re honored to have partnered with Otto Bremer Trust, and we share their commitment to providing for people’s basic needs,” said Jason Anderson, Executive Director of Red Caboose Child Care. “Otto Bremer Trust will match all new donations to our capital campaign dollar-for-dollar up to $150,000 so we can secure $300,000 for our project.”
Red Caboose is in the midst of a $5.5 million capital campaign to build a new child care center in partnership with Movin Out, which specializes in developing affordable housing. The campaign needs to raise another $1.5 million. Giving Tuesday is Nov. 30.
“On Giving Tuesday, and every day, please donate to Red Caboose’s Capital Campaign so we can capture the matching funds to help make our new child care center a reality,” Anderson said.
The project is slated for 2340 Winnebago St. and will include:
- 70,000 sq. ft., four stories, underground parking
- Red Caboose will own a childcare center on the ground floor (21,000 sq. ft.)
- Movin’ Out will own 2nd-4th stories (38 affordable apartment units)
- Meets Wisconsin Green Built Home standards (sustainability, energy)
- Part of urban in-fill development, future Bus Rapid Transit access point
Red Caboose Child Care is celebrating 50 years serving Madison as one of the best, and most innovative nonprofit child care centers in the area.
Red Caboose is an inclusive center, and 80 percent of the families at the center receive tuition support. “We have a long tradition of serving diverse communities in Madison, and we want that legacy to continue in our new location,” Anderson said. “Please donate today so we can capture the match from the Otto Bremer Trust.”