GREEN BAY – “We’re excited to rank in the top three,” said Scott Bushkie, CBI, M&AMI, founder of Cornerstone Business Services. “Axial is an industry tool that leading investment banking firms utilize to discover and connect with new transaction partners. To rank third in the nation is a real honor and a testament to our team, our Assurance 360 process (sell-side process) and the dedication we have to the clients we serve.”
Axial is a private deal network serving professionals who own, advise and invest in North American lower middle market companies. It is the largest internet platform for buying, selling, advising and financing private companies and each quarter ranks the top 20 firms based on performance.
Axial ranks sell-side M&A advisors using the following criteria:
- Client Quality: Buy-side demand for engagements represented by the advisor.
- Buy-Side Targeting: The advisor’s ability to balance selectivity, accuracy and breadth when identifying potential buyers.
- Process Effectiveness: The advisor’s ability to generate positive outcomes for their client.
- Overall Deal Relevance: How many buy-side mandates (financial and strategic) align with the advisor’s engagements.
- Process Selectivity: How broad or narrow are the advisors’ sell-side processes relative to their peers?
- Signed NDAs: How many buyers indicate interest in each of the advisor’s engagements, measured by the number of signed NDAs.
- Buyer Referrals: Feedback we receive from buyers regarding the manner in which the advisor manages their processes.
- Closed Deals: How many deals has the advisor closed where they involved one or more Axial buyers in the process?
Together, the top 20 investment banks are those who work with the most in-demand clients; balance breadth, selectivity and accuracy in the buyers they engage; and generate the largest number of positive outcomes for their clients.