Contact: Jason Rae, (715) 790-4334
MILWAUKEE – The award-winning Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce today announced the participants in the inaugural class of the Business Leadership Academy. The Business Leadership Academy is a year-long program focused on developing and fostering the next generation of LGBTQ and allied leaders in the workplace.
Those individuals selected to participate in the year-long program are:
- Phillip Bailey, Realtor, Shorewest Realtors
- Rudy Gutierrez, Assistant Vice President, U.S. Bank
- Natalie Hinckley, CEO, Creative Director, Hinckley Productions
- Barbara Jones, Branch Manager and Vice President, BMO Harris Bank
- Josh King, Senior Product Manager, Northwestern Mutual
- Jennifer Murray, Director, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee LGBT Resource Center
- Kent Peterson, Supply Chain Analyst, Harley-Davidson Motor Company
- Mark Pochowski, Digital Specialist, Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin
- Kathryn Propstein, Market Relationship Consultant, Wells Fargo
- Emily Smith, RN Gender Services Navigator, UW Health
- Ryan St. Peter, Account Manager, Marcus Hotels & Resorts
- Kate Westfall, Corporate Attorney, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.
“We have an amazingly talented group of individuals who applied and were selected to participate in the Business Leadership Academy,” said Jason Rae, President & CEO of the Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce. “This diverse group of phenomenal LGBTQ and allied leaders are learning the skills they need to help build an even more welcoming business community.”
The 2019 Business Leadership Academy meets monthly from February to December on the second Tuesday of each month from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. These workshops will be held in the Milwaukee area. Topics that will be addressed during the program include: Effective Communication, Managing People, Business Financials, Productive Conflict and more.
“Through this program, we can break the rainbow ceiling and help get more LGBTQ and allied people into senior leadership positions at businesses and companies in the state,” added Rae.
More information on the new Business Leadership Academy can be found online at https://wislgbtchamber.com/businessleadershipacademy/.