DWD has received the following Wisconsin Business Closing and Mass Layoff (WARN) notice:
Nestlé USA, Inc. (Nestlé USA) —Nestlé USA has provided formal notice of a workforce reduction at four locations:
- 1615 Grebby Street, Delavan, WI – affects 31 workers
- N62 W22617 Village Drive, Sussex, WI – affects 31 workers
- 940 S. Whelen Avenue, Medford, WI – affects 32 workers
- 3900 Freedom Road, Appleton, WI – affects 32 workers
The first separation is expected to occur on November 1, 2019, and separations may continue through December 31, 2019. DWD and its regional partners, the Southeast Wisconsin Workforce Development Board, the WOW Workforce Development Board, the Bay Area Workforce Development Board, and the Northwest Wisconsin Workforce Development Board, will offer rapid response services to the company and the affected workers.
Contact: DWD Communications, 608-266-2722
Workforce Development Dislocated Worker Services Summary
The Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD) Dislocated Worker Program provides transition assistance to workers and companies affected by permanent worker layoffs. The Program’s local Rapid Response Teams help companies and worker representatives develop and implement a practical transition plan based on the size of the layoff event. Types of services include:
• pre-layoff workshops on a variety of topics such as resume writing and interviewing, job search strategies, and budgeting
• provision of information about programs and resources through written materials and information sessions
• career and resource fairs.
Workers affected by permanent layoff may also access basic re-employment services at no charge through the state’s Job Centers. Some services, including training assistance, may be an option for some workers after enrolling in one or more of DWD’s workforce development programs. While all companies faced with permanent worker layoffs are encouraged to seek assistance from the local Rapid Response Teams, some companies may be required to give 60 days notice before a mass layoff or closing under federal and/or state law. More information about advance notice requirements is available at https://dwd.wisconsin.gov/dislocatedworker/