Exclusively for WisBusiness Subscribers
Access the mobile version of the News Summary:
University Research Park
From WisBusiness.com …
— Gov. Scott Walker has signed an executive order lifting state and federal restrictions on how many hours truck drivers hauling propane may operate to help alleviate a fuel shortage.
According to Walker’s order, the Janesville terminal, the most heavily used in the state, is experiencing shortages and long wait times for drivers as demand has picked up there due to the maintenance closure of a terminal in Rockford. Drivers are also facing long wait times in Dubuque, which supplies propane to southwestern Wisconsin.
In addition to being used for heating, propane is used to dry corn. Walker’s order notes that corn crops across the state are wetter than normal.
The order took effect Friday and is in force through Dec. 3.
Read the order:
— Georgia Maxwell, former deputy secretary of the Department of Workforce Development, has been elected chair of the Labor and Industry Review Commission.
Maxwell, appointed by Walker to the commission Oct. 30, will serve as chair until March 1, 2019.
— Wisconsin Oven Corp. has opened a new 130,000 sq. ft. facility in East Troy.
The space is to be used to manufacture the company’s new line of laboratory ovens and expand manufacturing of existing lines of industrial ovens. According to a release, the company is to invest $1.5 million for renovations and new equipment. WEDC is providing the company with up to $500,000 in performance-based Business Development Tax Credits through 2020. The credits are contingent on how many jobs the company creates and its level of capital investment.
The facility is expected to house 80 to 90 new full-time employees. Wisconsin Oven employs 137 workers at its other East Troy facility.
Read the announcement:
– WEDC board to get copy of Foxconn contract before voting on it
– Wisconsin exports up 6.5 percent for the year
– Hewlett Packard moving jobs to Chippewa Falls due to Hurricane Harvey damage to Texas facility
– Marcus Corp. files lawsuit over theater proposal at The Corners
– Oshkosh pushes to keep Oshkosh Corporation in the city
UW-Madison Office of Corporate Relations
Madison Gas & Electric
Wisconsin Technology Council
University Research Park
– Bill Would Remove ‘America’s Dairyland’ From License Plates
– Wisconsin food company investing in solar electricity
– Chalmers Named WI FSA Director, Frasetto Heads USDA RD
– Agri-View Co-Founder, Jim Brayer, Passes
– City report points to the need for employment program for Madison’s homeless
– Payne, Daniels named among most influential black corporate directors
– WEDC board to vote Wednesday on staff review of Foxconn deal, not contract
– Monona nuclear lab Phoenix adds investors, employees and space
– City unveils pitch to bring Oshkosh Corp. to Lakeshore Municipal Golf Course
– Governor Scott Walker launches reelection bid
– Walker says there’s ‘more work to be done,’ will seek re-election in 2018
– Democrats Dana Wachs, Eau Claire, and Kathleen Vinehout, Alma, aim to prove that out-state candidates can win the governorship
– Rep. Sean Duffy: Tax reform will boost middle class, decrease debt
REAL ESTATE ^top^
– MLG Capital buys Brennan’s Market building on Bluemound for $3 million
– Milwaukee’s 100 East undergoing six-figure upgrade
– Chicago’s Heartland Housing plans more housing for Milwaukee’s most vulnerable residents
– Proposed Downtown Madison boutique hotel gets new look
– Bon-Ton to trade on new market starting next week
– Struggling retailer Bon-Ton switches stock listing to OTC from Nasdaq
– Sears closing 63 more stores, including Kmart in Stevens Point
– Remodeled and new Aldi stores begin to open
SMALL BUSINESS ^top^
– Bratwurst phenomenon in Sheboygan born out of neighborhood meat markets
– Microbrewery planned for Downtown Racine next year
– Ashwaubenon could be hot spot for Packers house growth
– Ideawake helps established corporations tap their employees’ innovative, creative thinking
– Wisconsin game developers look to broaden their message
– China Lights attracted over 110,000 people from 44 states
– Transit and Foxconn: Legislators weigh in on RTA, other solutions
– Baraboo-Dells Airport’s economic impact estimated at $15M
– Gas prices rising because of simple supply and demand, official says
– Steve Jagler: Paula Hare’s ‘side hustle,’ Gearhead Fashion, has style
– Tom Saler: In a world of supply and demand, overexposure may explain the slide in NFL ratings
– Tom Still: Inside Wisconsin: Measuring quality: Why health care can attract business, workers
Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin: McKinley Health Center expands access to health services in heart of city
Gov. Walker: Georgia Maxwell elected chair of the Labor and Industry Review Commission
KI Furniture: Names Debbie Breunig as V.P. A&D Markets
MGE Energy: Reports third-quarter earnings
Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection: Petition period opens for 2018 Ag Enterprise Areas
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation:Wisconsin Oven, TPS opens new facility in Walworth County