Communications Manager Kim Rudat,
WisDOT NE Region
(920) 492-5743, [email protected]
Packer travel advisory
Road construction update in Northeast Wisconsin
(Green Bay) The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region is reminding motorists heading to Lambeau Field on Thursday, August 16 for the Green Bay Packers / Cleveland Browns football game that the road construction season continues on most major roads in Northeast Wisconsin. While most projects will stop and two lanes of traffic will be open, drivers might still encounter road conditions in the work zones that could cause backups.
WisDOT strongly recommends motorists allow themselves additional time to reach their destinations.
Here is a list of the major roads in northeast Wisconsin most Packers fans will be traveling and the road conditions they should anticipate:
· Brown County – drivers will encounter 11-foot travel lanes and reduced shoulders in multiple locations along a 10-mile segment of highway. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph from just south of Scheuring Road to Memorial Drive.
· Winnebago County – a majority of 12 miles of highway, from 9th Avenue to Breezewood Lane, has restricted shoulders, 11-foot travel lanes and reduced speed limits in both directions.
· Brown County – motorists traveling on WIS 29 will have to drive on 11-foot traffic lanes with reduced shoulders on five miles of highway from County FF to US 41. These restrictions affect both eastbound and westbound traffic lanes.
· Brown County – the WIS 54 and Seminary Road intersection has been reconfigured during roundabout construction that could slow traffic and cause backups at this location.
I-43/Leo Frigo Bridge
· Brown County – traffic on I-43 at the Leo Frigo Bridge is reduced to a single lane with speeds reduced to 55 mph in both directions over a 3.5-mile segment of the highway.