Historic Milwaukee and Art’s Cameras invites the public to capture the architecture and people that represent Doors Open Milwaukee 2012. On September 22 & 23, photograph the buildings, people, and places featured in the wide spectrum of Doors Open festivities. Check out the DOM Web Site and Official Event Guide to learn what buildings and tours will be showcased.*
Doors Open Milwaukee is a free event on September 22 & 23, and features over 125 buildings and 40+ guided tours of Milwaukee. The theme for the second annual DoMKE Photo Challenge is The Faces of Doors Open Milwaukee. Focus your lens on the people and places that make this City wonderful.
Photo Challenge Categories
Use these themes to direct your lens. Judges will review and select a winning image in one of the following categories:
* Building Details
* Streetscape (Photos of views from Doors Open Sites, Street Scenes capturing Doors Open activities, panoramic shots of downtown- get creative!)
* The Faces of Doors Open Milwaukee (Portraits or crowd shots of residents and visitors participating in Doors Open events)
*Please note that some sites have restrictions on interior photography; please review the Doors Open building list to confirm.
The winner will receive a PRO Carbon Fiber Tripod with a Ball Head and a carrying bag from Art’s Cameras.
Photo entries will be available to view on Historic Milwaukee’s facebook page beginning September 27. The photographs will be judged by Art’s Cameras and a winner will be announced on Friday, October 5.
* Please submit photos to the DoMKE Photo Challenge facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/doorsopenMKE by Wednesday, September 26, at midnight.
* Entries for “Interiors” “Exteriors” and “Building Details” categories are limited to Doors Open Milwaukee 2012 Sites
* All DoMKE Photo Challenge images must be taken during Doors Open. Meta data must not be removed from the image.
* Each person may enter one photo into each of the four categories (Interiors, Exteriors, Building Details, Streetscapes, The Faces of Doors Open Milwaukee).
* Entrants must be 18 years or older.
* By uploading your photo(s), you agree that your name and image(s) can be displayed and used in Doors Open and Historic Milwaukee, Inc.’s marketing and promotion without charge or copyright infringement, and that the image(s) uploaded are your original photographs and appropriate for public viewing. If images are displayed or used, the photographer will be credited. Photographers retain copyright to their work.
* No borders, mats or watermarks.
View the Doors Open Web Site for other event details: http://doorsopenmilwaukee.org/