FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT
Phone (W): (920) 225-6159
Phone (M): (920) 246-4195
Email: [email protected]
Phone (M): (920) 284-7165
Email: [email protected]
Affinity exec praises jobsite safety
The Boldt Company is one of the few state construction services firms accepted into the highest level of OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) in Wisconsin; a program that recognizes companies for maintaining exemplary safety and health benchmarks well above national standards. On June 15, 2012, an event marking this designation will take place at The Boldt Company’s headquarters in Appleton, WI, featuring representatives from OSHA, who will recognize Boldt’s commitment to safety and participation in this prestigious program (event open to media, more details below).
In the program, management, labor and OSHA establish cooperative relationships at workplaces that have implemented a comprehensive safety and health management system.
Bob DeKoch, Boldt president and COO, said acceptance into the VPP was achieved through a constant dedication to Boldt’s safety program by every employee. “We are proud to be part of the Voluntary Protection Program and will continue to make safety—and innovation in safety—our highest priority,” said DeKoch.
Boldt’s safety program includes extensive employee safety training and the use of Boldt’s Continuous Safety Improvement system, which tracks “near misses” in order to eliminate or greatly reduce safety hazards.
“Being accepted into this program is a testament to not only the effectiveness of our safety program, but its deep integration into everything we do at Boldt,” said Jeff Johnson, Boldt vice president of human resources and risk management.
For Boldt clients, safety is one of the most critical elements of construction. Boldt has been working on a major campus renovation at Affinity Health System’s St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton for several years. According to Vice President of Performance Excellence Gary Kusnierz, safety is important because the hospital has continued to serve patients and employees during construction. “As we look at the project from a health and safety perspective, it’s imperative our partners have impeccable safety records. The fact that Boldt takes a proactive lead, speaks volumes to their credibility as an organization,” said Kusnierz.
What: Celebration of Boldt’s acceptance into OSHA’s Wisconsin VPP program
When: June 15, 2012 from 10:00-10:30 a.m.
Where: The customer center at Boldt’s corporate headquarters, located at 2525 N. Roemer Rd., Appleton, WI
Please let us know if you have any questions about the event or attending
(contact info above).
Boldt Safety Record:
* The Boldt Company has logged over one million hours worked without an accident twice and recently logged over four and a half million hours worked without a single lost time incident.
* Recently had a stretch of over 1,000 days without a lost time accident on a single project for Sutter Health in California.
* Wisconsin Corporate Safety Awards: 1996, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
* 2008 Boldt was named one of “America’s Safest Companies” according to EHS Today Magazine (formerly Occupational Hazards magazine), one of the leading safety journals in the nation.
* Recognition for incident rates at least 25 percent below national averages from the Associated General Contractors of America, National Constructors Association, and Wisconsin Health and Safety Congress.
* California Construction Employers Association’s Excellence in Safety Award: 2008, 2009, 2010.
* Formalized award-winning safety training programs, including eye protection, 100 percent fall prevention, blood borne pathogen/infection control measures and heat illness prevention plan.
* Boldt CEO Tom Boldt was inducted into the Safety Hall of Fame in 2002.
ABOUT THE BOLDT COMPANY
The Boldt Company, headquartered in Wisconsin, has 14 offices throughout the United States and is one of the leading sustainable construction services firms in the country. The firm provides professional construction services to customers in a variety of power, industrial, education, healthcare, commercial and renewable energy markets nationwide. The firm has been recognized as one of the safest companies in America.