MILWAUKEE – The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) is seeking feedback about the five finalists for the position of chancellor.
Added to the Chancellor Search Committee website – http://www4.uwm.edu/secu/Chancellor – is a Feedback Link that leads to a comment form for each candidate. Submissions will be accepted until noon, Monday, April 4.
The five finalists for the position are:
* David Belcher, Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, University of Arkansas at Little Rock;
* Michael Lovell, Interim Chancellor, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee;
* Gary Miller, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and Research, Wichita State University;
* James Muyskens, President, Queens College, City University of New York;
* Lisa Rossbacher, President, Southern Polytechnic State University (Marietta, Ga.)
Two candidates, Belcher and Muyskens, visited campus the week of March 14-18 and the remaining three will be on campus March 28, 30 and 31.
Also on the Chancellor Search Committee website are links to each candidate’s curriculum vitae and campus visit schedule, and other information about the search process.
Following the campus visit stage of the process, University of Wisconsin System President Kevin P. Reilly and a Special Regent Committee chaired by Regent Danae Davis of Milwaukee will interview the finalists on April 12. Other special committee members are Regent Judith Crain of Green Bay, Regent Tony Evers of Madison, Regent Michael Spector of Milwaukee and Regent José Vásquez of Milwaukee. They will recommend one candidate to the full Board of Regents, which must approve the appointment.
(CONTACT: Tom Luljak, UWM Vice Chancellor for University Relations, (414) 229-5024.)