Contact: Karie Zellner
WISCONSIN – Schenck will be hosting Sales & Use Tax Updates throughout Wisconsin in January and February. Accounting managers, accounting personnel, purchasing agents and small business owners will benefit from attending.
Sales and use tax (SAUT) rules are complex, and it can be difficult to know how to apply general rules to unique situations. Unfortunately, errors can increase the chance of a business being audited—and add to their exposure. Attendees will learn:
* How to limit their sales and use tax liability exposure
* When to charge their customers sales tax and when to self-assess use tax
* Best practices in structuring transactions to reduce tax obligations
* How to handle overpayments and refund opportunities
This workshop will be presented by members of Schenck’s State & Local Tax team, all former Wisconsin Department of Revenue auditors with a combined 35 years of audit experience.
The first hour of this two-hour workshop will cover general SAUT issues impacting most businesses. The second hour will include breakouts to address specific issues impacting the construction, health care and manufacturing industries.
Dates & Locations:
* January 17 – Butte des Morts Country Club, Appleton
* January 19 – Pine Hills Country Club, Sheboygan
* January 24 – Plaza Hotel & Suites, Wausau
* January 26 – Holiday Inn of Fond du Lac, Fond du Lac
* February 14 – Clarion Hotel, Green Bay
* February 16 – La Sure’s Hall, Oshkosh
* February 23 – Wisconsin Maritime Museum, Manitowoc
The seminars will be held from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (registration to begin at 7:30 a.m.) There is no cost to attend. To register, visit http://www.schencksc.com/2012sautupdate or call Karie at 800-236-2246.
Schenck is a full-service regional accounting and consulting firm. Schenck has over 500 employees that serve businesses and individual clients through nine locations in Wisconsin. As one of the largest CPA firms in the state and the U.S., Schenck provides a full range of services including accounting and audit, tax, business consulting, information technology, merger & acquisition, retirement planning, investment, and payroll solutions for businesses, governments, non-profits, and individuals.