Campaign features Rockford’s Cheap Trick Rocker Rick Nielsen Seeking a Hideaway; http://www.hideawayinrockford.com launched to promote runaway rates
ROCKFORD, IL — Rockford, Illinois and its landmark Clock Tower Resort have long been known as a great place to hideaway. Recently, legislators from neighboring states have also discovered Rockford’s well‐known hospitality, convenient location and relaxing atmosphere for their own getaways.
Now, whether you’re a state senator or not, you can come to Rockford to explore “hideaway hotspots” and take advantage of “runaway rates” at local hotels. Rockford’s own Cheap Trick guitarist Rick Nielsen has jumped on the bandwagon and developed a YouTube video about how when troubles get him down you can find him “hiding away in Rockford.” The video can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/gorockfordregion.
“We want folks to come to Rockford for their own legislation vacation. Rockford is full of opportunities for folks to do some collective bargaining at our locally owned stores and shops,” said John Groh, President/CEO of the Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau (RACVB), the city’s tourism office.
RACVB emerged from the backroom having negotiated a variety of hideaway packages and pricing for visitors on the lam to take full advantage of; for example, visitors might want to go under water along with their state budget at Rockford’s huge indoor water park at the Clock Tower Resort or say “What the Puck!” when they go to a Rockford IceHogs hockey game. Folks should mention “Hideaway in Rockford” to take advantage of these exclusive deals:
* Lose track of time waiting for solutions at Best Western Clock Tower Resort and Conference Center: Weekends overnight stay with CoCo Key Water Park passes for four starting as low as $159. Subject to availability, some restrictions apply
* Don’t get offsides at an Rockford IceHogs AHL Hockey game: $5 off any ticket to the games on Saturday, Feb. 26 and Sunday, March 13
* Tired of pre‐historic legislation, explore Burpee Museum of Natural History: $1 off admission
* Skate on thin ice at Rockford Park District’s Carlson Ice Arena and Riverview Ice House: 2 for 1 admission
* Get lost in the chaos at Rockford Park District’s Sapora Playworld: 2 for 1 admission * Yell “Fore the Sake of Humanity” at Golf Shack: one free bucket of balls at Northern
Illinois’ only heated outdoor driving range * Hideout and dig in at Lino’s Italian Restaurant: Stimulus Package which includes a large
cheese pizza plus topping, 2‐liter soda and a special salad for two for $11 Additional deals will be added on an ongoing basis.
Where do you hideout in Rockford and Illinois? Log on to http://www.hideawayinrockford.com to learn more about Rockford’s great deals and to post about your favorite hotspot.
Folks have been hiding away in Rockford, Illinois third largest city, for decades. Located about 15 minutes south of the Wisconsin border and 60 minutes west of Chicago’s O’Hare Airport, Rockford is an easy place to getaway to.
The Rockford Area Convention & Visitors Bureau is a private, non‐profit champion that seeks to grow the economy by encouraging folks to spend their money in the Rockford region and leave with great memories. http://www.gorockford.com.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Kylie Crull, PR Etc., Inc.: 815.489.3956, [email protected].