Contact: Cullen Werwie, (608) 267-7303
Madison—Today Governor Walker and Pennsylvania Governor, Tom Corbett, announced the details of their Super Bowl bet. Governor Walker also expressed confidence the Packers would bring the Lombardi Trophy back to Green Bay.
Governor Walker is planning to attend the Super Bowl to cheer on the Packers, spend a little bit of time with his family, and promote Wisconsin. Other than the cost of security that is required for all gubernatorial travel, no taxpayer funds will be used for the trip.
“I was thrilled to talk with Packer’s President Mark Murphy during my State of the State Speech earlier this week,” said Walker. “I am again predicting a 28-24 victory.”
The Super Bowl bet between Governor Walker and Governor Corbett contains two parts—it highlights some of the charitable efforts going on as a result of big game and showcases of some of the best products each state has to offer.
The first part of the bet involves raising awareness of a $25,000 donation Coca-Cola is going to make to the Green Bay Boys and Girls Club when 10,000 Packer fans send online “cheers.” In order to send a “cheer” an individual needs to go to http://www.cokecheers.com and vote for the Packers to win the Super Bowl. Coca-Cola is making a similar donation to a Boys and Girls Club in Pennsylvania. In addition to these donations, Coca-Cola will donate $1 to the national Boys and Girls club every time a fan votes for a Super Bowl winner and sends a cheer. If the Packers win the Super Bowl Governor Corbett will have to attend the check presentation in Pennsylvania wearing a piece of Packer apparel. If the Steelers win, Governor Walker will have to wear a piece of Steelers apparel while awarding Coca-Cola’s check to the Green Bay Boys and Girls Club. The money donated will go directly to the GB’s Boys and Girls Club Triple Play program which inspires kids to have healthier habits and live better lives. This will keep the program running well into next year and provide opportunities to hundreds of children.
The second part of the bet is a simple exchange of some of the best products that each state has to offer. Governor Walker’s bet includes the following exceptional Wisconsin products:
* The Dairy farm families of Wisconsin—Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board has put up a block of extra aged Pleasant Ridge Reserve cheese made by Uplands Cheese in Dodgeville. Pleasant Ridge Reserve is the only cheese in the history of the Best of Show competition at the American Cheese Society to win the top prize three times. It is the best cheese on the planet.
* One bottle of Rehorst Premium Milwaukee Vodka and One bottle of Roaring Dan’s Maple Flavored Rum from Great Lakes Distillery in Milwaukee. Great Lakes Distillery provides small-batch, hand-craft award winning distilled spirits in limited quantities using old world methods and traditions which we believe result in a superior product.
* Parallel 44 Vineyard and Winery will provide a half case of Frozen Tundra Wine, and a half case of Tundra Red wine. Parallel 44 Vineyard and Winery located just 15 miles east of Green Bay, Wisconsin in the Glacial etched valley of beautiful Kewaunee County, along the western shore of Lake Michigan, is a unique cool-climate winery specializing in wine made either from grapes grown on the Frozen Tundra of Wisconsin or from grapes that can be grown in Wisconsin.
* A 3 Pound chocolate football, hollowed out and filled with hand made chocolates from Seroogy’s in De Pere, which is just a few miles from historic Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers. For more than 100 years, Seroogy’s has specialized in homemade, hand dipped chocolate candy, including toffee, meltaways, caramels, snappers, fudge, nut clusters, sugar free chocolates and more.
* One pair of Koss QZ/900 noise cancelling headphones. Koss developed the world’s first stereophones, the SP/3 and now offers a complete selection of over 40 different models of stereophones, ranging from our top-of-the-line electrostatic stereophones, noise reduction systems, and infrared and radio frequency stereophones to our line of lightweight, portables.
* Silver Spring Foods has provided an assortment of mustard including Beer ‘n Brat and Whole Grain Mustard, and Sassy Horseradish Sauce, Prepared Horseradish, and Cocktail Sauce. Silver Spring Foods is the world’s largest grower and processor of horseradish who has recently begin producing a variety of specialty mustards has been a family business for over 80 years based out of Eau Claire.
* The Door County Peninsula Winery is providing a bottle of Peninsula Red and Peninsula White wine. Door Peninsula Winery is well known for fruit and sweet/semi-sweet wines, like the award-winning Sweet Cherry, Razzle Dazzle Raspberry and Panacea Peach.
* Miller Coors is putting up two cases of beer from Wisconsin’s largest brewer–a 12 ounce case of Miller Lite vortex bottles, the world’s best tasting light beer in the most innovative package, as well as a case of Leinenkugel’s Honey Weiss, the taste of the Wisconsin Northwoods.
* A gift pack from Usinger’s Famous Sausage containing Bratwurst, Knackwurst, Wieners, Kielbasa, and Usinger’s very own Sauerkraut. Since 1880, four generations of the Usinger family have been making America’s Finest Sausage in Milwaukee,
Governor Corbett has wagered:
* Café Excellence Coffee
* PA Honey
* PA Maple Syrup
* Seltzers, Double Smoked meat
* Salty Snack, Bachman
* PA Mushrooms
* Hard Pretzels, Hammonds
* Miller’s Mustard
* Wolfgang Chocolate
* Maser Pantry Jelly & Jam
* Kelchner’s hot mustard
* PA Wine
* Boyd and Blair Vodka
* Heinz Ketchup
* PA Apples
* Sarris Candies
* Asher’s Chocolates
* Penn Pilsner Beer
* Smiley Face Cookies from Eat N Park Restaurant