Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce
Beloit, WI – On Thursday October 15th, 2009 the Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce will host its second Sustainable Industry Conference at the new Center for the Sciences on the Beloit College campus. Top five reasons for businesses in the region to attend the conference include:
1. Minimum travel required – this conference will be held in Beloit, Wisconsin
2. Compact Agenda – 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. so you save a very precious resource – your time!
3. Customized Agenda –3 program choices in each of 3 time slots, small sessions, great presenters
4. Green Building Tour – the Beloit College Center for the Sciences is expected to receive a minimum Gold Level LEED certification
5. Value – registration starts at only $109 per person
Conference attendees will enjoy small sessions that are more specialized and technical than last year’s conference which presented “The Business Case for Sustainability” to over 100 attendees. New this year is an Opportunities Track to help emerging “green” businesses with topics such as Renewable Energy Supplies, Business Opportunities for Bioproducts, and Financing Options for Energy Projects.
According to Amy Loudenbeck, Interim President of the Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce, “There are quite a few “early adopters” of sustainable business practices in Greater Beloit and we will be providing content to support their continuous improvement and innovation. Topics for institutional, food processing and manufacturers include Food Safety & Sustainability, LEED Certification for Existing Buildings, Anaerobic Digester Project for Food Processing & Agricultural Waste, Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy Systems, Sustainable Supply Chain & Reverse Logistics, and Federal Energy Policy Update/Wisconsin Green Tier Program.”
For additional information, please visit http://www.greaterbeloitchamber.com or call (608) 365-8835.