Watertown, Mass. — The Cadmus Group, Inc., a leading energy and environmental consulting firm, has opened an office in Madison, Wisc., to better serve public-sector clients in the Great Lakes Region. The new office is located at 301 N.Broom St., Suite 201, and the telephone number 608-250-1920.
“The Cadmus Group is pleased to open its new office in Wisconsin and the Great Lakes region,” says Tracy Mehan, principal with the firm and former assistant administrator for water at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). He also ran the Great Lakes program in Michigan in the 1990s. “We are confident we can contribute to the restoration, not only of the Great Lakes, but also their tributaries and other waters throughout the area.”
Staffed by limnologist Matthew Diebel, Ph.D., and environmental monitoring expert Jeffrey Maxted — members of Cadmus’ Water Quality Group — the Great Lakes office specializes in working with federal and state agencies to improve water quality and the health of aquatic ecosystems. Current projects include:
– Working with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and EPA Region 5 to develop limits on pollutant discharges to address phosphorous and sediment problems in the Lower Fox River Basin, including Green Bay, and the Rock River Basin.
– Providing technical services to improve the water quality of streams in small watersheds and support a healthy agricultural economy.
– Working with state agencies to achieve the goals of the federal Clean Water Act and helping agencies develop strategies to prioritize environmental efforts and design effective environmental programs.
– Supporting federal agencies as they address major ecosystem challenges such as nutrient export to the Mississippi River system and stream connectivity in the Great Lakes Basin.
Dr. Diebel and Mr. Maxted also will have access to Cadmus’ full complement of energy and environmental professionals to meet the needs of current and future clients in numerous areas. Among the services Cadmus can provide are:
– Technical and other support for drinking water program implementation, drinking water source protection, and drinking water security.
– Energy efficiency assessments.
– Alternative energy planning.
– Energy efficiency program support, including research, public education and outreach, and training and workshops.
About The Cadmus Group, Inc.
Founded in 1983, employee-owned Cadmus (http://www.cadmusgroup.com) helps government, nonprofit, and corporate clients address critical challenges in the environmental and energy sectors. We provide an array of research and analytical services in the United States and abroad, specializing in solving complex problems that demand innovative, multidisciplinary thinking. Among our major practice areas are Drinking Water and Water Quality, Communications and Social Marketing, Energy Services (including energy efficiency and renewable energy), Risk Assessment, Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmentally Sound Design, and Environmental Management. Our staff includes scientists; engineers; statisticians; economists; MBAs; marketing, public relations, and communications professionals; attorneys; information technology specialists; and public policy analysts. Many of our senior consultants are nationally recognized experts in their fields and several serve on high-level U.S. government science advisory boards.