CONTACT: Sheri Rice Bentley (608) 232-2300 / [email protected]
Ten Local Non-profits Selected for Fourth Annual Goodstock™
MADISON, Wis. – Oct. 1, 2008 – Knupp & Watson, a strategic communications agency in Madison, Wis., offering advertising, marketing, public relations and interactive services, has selected 10 local non-profit organizations for its fourth annual Goodstock™. But this year, the event has been expanded to include more love than ever.
Goodstock™ is an annual giving event held at Knupp & Watson’s office on Old Middleton Road. The entire agency will work 24 hours straight Oct. 2 and 3 to complete advertising and public relations projects for selected non-profits, including marketing strategy, branding, TV commercials, public relations plans, Web site design and plans, and more.
The 2008 non-profits chosen to participate as “Goodstockers” are:
* Arts Wisconsin – http://www.artswisconsin.org
* Child Development, Inc. – http://www.childdevelopmentinc.com
* Family Connections of Wisconsin, Inc. – http://www.madison.com/communities/fcw
* Chrysalis, Inc. – http://www.workwithchrysalis.org
* Rhapsody Arts Center, Inc. – http://www.rhapsodyarts.org
* Madison Public Library Foundation, Inc. – http://www.mplfoundation.org
* Exchange Club Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse – http://www.exchangecenterdanecounty.org
* Fine Feathered Friends Sanctuary, Inc. – http://www.feathered-friends.com
* Aaron J. Meyer Foundation, Owner of Aaron’s House – http://www.aaronmeyerfoundation.org
* RSVP of Dane County – http://www.rsvpdane.org
Over the past four years, Knupp & Watson has contributed hundreds of thousands in goods and services through Goodstock™, and this year’s event will push that total up over $1 million.
For the first time, Knupp & Watson is also offering access to an advisory panel of local experts who will offer advice – outside of advertising – to Goodstockers.
“This year, we’ll blow the doors off how much good we can do in just 24 hours. We’ve created an online experts network that goes beyond the advertising and PR services Knupp & Watson offers,” said Vice President Jennifer Savino. “We’re opening this question and answer forum up to some 300 area non-profits on our list, which should really dial up the good.”
The Goodstock™ experts network includes:
* Sam Huntington, vice president of business services, Park Bank – business banking
* Michelle Behnke, attorney, Behnke + Associates – legal
* Doug Dittman, president, The Neckerman Agency – liability insurance
* Tim Bryne, vice president, M3 – health insurance
* Chris Bugg, president, Buttonwood Partners – 401K
* Mary Donahue, director of development, Wisconsin Historical Foundation – development
* Dale W. Smith, principal, Suby, Von Haden & Associates – general financial
* Steve Wallman, Wallman Investment Council – investments
* Neil Heinen, media editorial director, WISC-TV3 – media relations
* Greg David, Jefferson County Board of Supervisors – sustainable systems thinking
“The intent of Goodstock™ is very serious: we want to do as much good for the community as possible,” says Knupp & Watson President Andy Wallman, a Goodstock™ founder. “But we also try to have a lot of fun along the way. So, we’ve expanded our expert network to include some areas that are a little less critical than say, tax planning.”
Non-profits will also be able to seek expertise (just for fun) from:
* Jonathan and Kitty of Triple M 105.5 FM – on-air morning personalities
* Mark Skudlarek of Cambridge Wood Fired Pottery – Knupp & Watson’s potter of record
* Biff Blumfumgagne of the Gomers – rock and roll musician
Some of the questions and answers will be posted on Knupp & Watson’s Web site, which will allow any non-profit the opportunity to do better for their constituents.
“We’re extremely proud of how much we’ve been able to help over the years. People’s lives have improved. Non-profits have been able to do more with less,” says Wallman. “And this year, with the help of our generous experts, the amount we can give will be huge.”
Knupp & Watson is a strategic communications agency, offering advertising, marketing, public relations and interactive services. As passionate strategists, they’re on a mission: to create extraordinary ideas that are bigger than brands. Founders of the Goodstock™ event, Knupp & Watson has donated $840,000 in goods and services to Dane County non-profit organizations and plans to reach $1 million this year. More information is available at http://www.knupp-watson.com.