For additional information:
Mary Cole-Laub, Committee Co-Chair
Finances, Work Force, Education and Health Care
More than 400 economic development leaders from around the state are expected to attend the 2005 Governor’s Conference on Economic Development, Feb. 2-4, 2005 at the Monona Terrace Convention Center in Madison. The conference, titled Wall Street to Main Street: Finding Local Solutions in a Global Economy, will focus on creative ways to deal with economic development obstacles related to finance, the work force, education and health care.
Featured speakers and panelists will include:
- Governor Jim Doyle
- Richard Raphael, executive managing director and analyst for Fitch Ratings, one of the nations leading bond rating institutions. New York
- David Purdue, chairman and chief executive officer of Dollar General, a Fortune 500 company currently operating more than 7,000 stores in 30 states. Tennessee
- Edward Ned Hill, professor and distinguished scholar of economic development at the Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs of Cleveland State University who discuss why Americas manufacturers need to stop playing defense and start playing offense with their business strategies. Ohio
- Charles Tansey, head of the Wall Street Without Walls advisory board and senior adviser for the Neighborhood Reinvestment Corp. in Washington, D.C. Neighborhood Reinvestment is a national organization that provides training and technical assistance to community-based development organizations. Washington D.C.
- Eugene "Pepi" Randolph, president, Forward Wisconsin. Wisconsin
The Wisconsin Economic Development Association (WEDA) is producing the event in partnership with the Governor’s Office, the Wisconsin Department of Commerce and Forward Wisconsin. Registration forms are available on the WEDA web site at www.weda.org or by calling Lynn Wood, conference coordinator, at 608-259-0757.
Media are invited to attend the February 2-4 conference; other interviews also may be scheduled.
Who: Economic developers, business leaders, local elected officials, etc.
What: 10th annual WEDA Governors Conference on Economic Development
Wall Street to Main Street: Finding Local Solutions in a Global Economy
Where: Monona Terrace Convention Center
1 John Nolen Drive, Madison, Wisconsin
When: Wednesday, February 2 Friday, February 4, 2005 (click below to view the conference agenda) http://www.wcgpr.com/html_email/weda/weda_1_2005.htm