|MADISON, Wis. – Five individuals were honored by the Wisconsin Bankers Association for their excellence in banking, community service, and civic involvement. A celebration was held on Friday, September 9 at the WBA headquarters in Madison, where a Leaders in Banking Excellence Wall installation displays a tribute to outstanding current and former bankers. The wall, established in 2020, now profiles 22 exceptional leaders.|
“This year’s Leaders in Banking Excellence are once again deserving of the name,” said Rose Oswald Poels, WBA president and CEO. “These five bankers have not only been influential in their profession but have also been actively involved in their communities throughout their careers.”
The honorees in the Class of 2022 Leaders in Banking Excellence are:
• Robert J. Just, Jr., Mound City Bank, Platteville;
• Debra R. Lins, the former Community Business Bank, Sauk City (and others);
• John K. Reinke, The Stephenson National Bank & Trust, Marinette;
• Lee J. Schmalz, East Wisconsin Savings Bank, Kaukauna; and
• the late James B. Wigdale, M&I Bank (now BMO Harris Bank), Milwaukee.
To read the bios of each of the 2022 Leaders in Banking Excellence honorees, please visit www.wisbank.com/excellence2022.