February 3, 2022 – First-year and transfer students at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls are now eligible for a Falcons Soar Award. These guaranteed scholarships are based on a student’s grade point average at the time of admission to the university.
“Offering an exceptional education at a great value has always been our focus,” said UWRF Chancellor Maria Gallo. “Without scholarships, students may have difficulty paying for college. The Falcons Soar Awards will expand access and opportunities for our students, one of the many reasons UWRF continues to be a leader in social mobility for those seeking a degree.”
UWRF Executive Director of Admissions Sarah Nelson said the first-year student scholarships range from $1,000 to $2,000, depending on a student’s cumulative grade point average:
- 4.0 GPA and higher receive $2,000
- 3.75 to 3.99 GPA receive $1,500
- 3.30 to 3.74 GPA receive $1,000
No ACT scores are required for consideration, Nelson noted.
Transfer students are also eligible for the Falcons Soar Award. All transfer students with a 3.40 cumulative GPA or higher will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
First-year and transfer students will automatically be awarded the scholarship. There is no need to apply for it, Nelson said.
“More than 1,800 students who have been admitted to UWRF for the fall have already qualified for the scholarship,” Nelson said. “We’re excited to offer these awards and make UWRF even more affordable for our students and families.”
UWRF awards about $2 million in scholarships each year to students.
Students who receive the Falcons Soar Award are eligible to apply for additional scholarships, Nelson said.
Some of the competitive scholarships include:
- Chancellor’s Scholarship, a full-tuition or half-tuition scholarship for eligible first-year students that is renewable for four years
- Falcon Scholars Scholarship, a $1,000 annual scholarship for first-year students renewable for four years, including an additional stipend of up to $2,000 for a study abroad or undergraduate research experience
- Diversity Success Scholarship, $1,000 to $3,500, a one-time award given to ethnically diverse or economically disadvantaged first-year students
- Falcons Fly Higher Scholarship, $500 to $2,500, a one-time award offered to first-year or transfer students
- Study in Wisconsin Scholarship, $3,000 a year, awarded to non-resident students and is renewable for up to four years
Learn more about additional scholarships offered at UWRF here.
The UWRF Admissions Office offers campus tours daily. Campus Close Ups, Falcon Preview Days, and Admitted Student Days provide additional opportunities to explore campus, connect with faculty, and learn more about university resources. More information about upcoming visit events can be found here.
For more information, contact the Admissions Office at [email protected] or 715-425-3500.