MARSHFIELD – Security Health Plan received a high rating for another year by The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The annual Health Plan Ratings evaluated Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid health plans in Wisconsin and nationwide.
In the 2022 NCQA Health Insurance Plan Ratings released Thursday, Sept. 15, Security Health Plan’s Medicare plans were rated a 4.5 out of 5, while its Medicaid, or BadgerCare Plus and Commercial plans each received a 4 out of 5 rating. Below is a summary of Security Health Plan’s ratings by category in the NCQA Health Insurance Plan Ratings for 2022-23:
- Security Health Plan’s Medicare Advantage plans were rated 4.5 out of 5 in NCQA’s Medicare Health Plan Ratings 2022
- Security Health Plan’s Commercial plans are rated 4 out of 5 among NCQA’s Commercial Health Plan Ratings 2022.
- Security Health Plan’s Medicaid plans are rated 4 out of 5 in NCQA’s Medicaid Health Plan Ratings 2022.
“We are honored to once again be among NCQA’s top rated health plans,” Security Health Plan Chief Executive Officer Krista Hoglund said. “Consistently high ratings are a signal of our ongoing commitment to providing the coverage, service and access to care our members feel good about. I am thankful for the consistently high level of service our employees give our members, along with the strong partnerships we have with network providers. The high-quality care they provide is a huge part of our ratings.”
Security Health Plan has earned high ratings from NCQA every year since 2005 when the organization first released the ratings. The annual ratings are based on three types of quality measures:
- Clinical quality from NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) and Health Outcome Survey (HOS);
- Patient experience using the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®);
- Results from NCQA’s review of a health plan’s health quality processes (NCQA Accreditation).
NCQA rates health plans that choose to report measures publicly.
Security Health Plan’s ratings were a result of the quality measures mentioned above.
The Medicare Advantage plan rated high in a few key categories:
- Members are receiving recommended immunizations for influenza and pneumonia.
- Medicare Advantage members reported satisfaction with the coordination of their care (5 out of 5).
- Members are receiving recommended screenings for breast and colorectal cancer.
- Members with chronic conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes are receiving the recommended services to treat their conditions.
“Our Security Health Plan team is glad to be recognized for our steadfast commitment to providing our members with the essential services they need, along with tools and resources for them to live happy, healthy and engaging lives,” said Security Health Plan Chief Medical Officer Mary Davis, M.D. “We take a proactive approach to educating our members about available and recommended preventive care and screenings, and we create initiatives to ensure our members are keeping up on needed care. To be recognized on a national level is wonderful, and a testament to the caliber and dedication of our staff here at Security Health Plan.”
NCQA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in health care. NCQA’s website (ncqa.org) contains information to help consumers, employers and others make more-informed health care choices. NCQA can be found online at ncqa.org, on Twitter @ncqa, on Facebook at facebook.com/NCQA.org/ and on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/ncqa.