Repealing the WI state income tax would be bad for small business. Sen. Roth has introduced a bill to do just that, promoted yesterday by out-of-state special interest groups, like Grover Norquist at Americans for Tax Reform and big business funded special interest groups here in Wisconsin.
This same experiment has been attempted in other states and has failed. Just look to Kansas.
For an update on why this is so bad for Main Street check out this analysis by Tamarine Cornelius from the Wisconsin Budget Project.
Let’s stop this silly season nonsense and focus on policies that will actually help small business:
- Badgercare Expansion, with a Public Option;
- Paid Leave;
- Make robust, historic investments in childcare;
- Extend and increase small business grant programs administered by WEDC, DOA, among others;
- Repeal of the personal property tax;
- Passage of the “Go Big for Small Business” legislation to create a one stop shop for small business.
That’s really what small business needs now.