Milwaukee, Wis., (Oct. 17, 2022) – Froedtert Health continues to actively invest in the future of the health care workforce by expanding the pool of highly skilled health care workers in Southeastern Wisconsin.
Froedtert Health has a long history of partnerships with educational institutions and community organizations that demonstrate shared, deep convictions to work together responsibly and lead the way toward a strong and healthy future. Last year, Froedtert Hospital announced an agreement to establish a $12 million Froedtert Memorial Hospital Scholarship Fund. In partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Milwaukee Area Technical College, the 20-year program will fund scholarships that align with Froedtert Health’s commitment to invest in educational opportunities that will support the representation of historically underprivileged and underrepresented racial and ethnic groups that reflect all communities served.
“To continue to provide the highest quality care, we must also support and enhance opportunities for deserving students seeking a career in health sciences,” said Cathy Jacobson, president and chief executive officer of Froedtert Health.
Froedtert Health collaborates with the Milwaukee Bucks and Carmen Schools of Science and Technology, Northwest, where students and adult learners can pursue education and training to prepare them for jobs to serve as a health care customer service representative, certified nursing assistant or information technology professional.
Froedtert Health has an ongoing commitment to expanded partnerships with other local universities and colleges to help with future workforce pipelines, including:
- Expanded partnership with All-In Milwaukee, a university completion program that provides financial aid, advising, program and career support to high- potential, limited-income, diverse communities.
- Partnered with Marquette University’s College of Nursing and Office of Economic Engagement to create “Froedtert Scholars,” a clinical training partnership that develops graduate nurses who are “practice-ready” by reducing orientation time.
- Sponsored programs for surgical technologies, medial assistances and certified nursing assistants to develop outside and inside talent.
- Provide internships for Cristo Rey High School students.
- Partnership with Project SEARCH to provide on-site training program for people with disabilities.
About Froedtert Health
Froedtert Health is a Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based, integrated health care system providing a variety of health-related services, including hospitals and health centers, home care, laboratory, health insurance, employer health services and workplace clinics, and digital health solutions.
About Froedtert Hospital
Froedtert Hospital, the academic medical center of the Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin health network, has 702 beds and is a leading referral resource for advanced medical care. Froedtert Hospital also operates the region’s only adult Level I Trauma Center. The primary adult teaching affiliate of MCW, Froedtert Hospital is a major training facility for more than 1,000 medical, nursing and health technical students annually. It is also a respected research center, participating in some 2,000 research studies, including clinical trials, every year. Froedtert Hospital is located on the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center campus. Campus partners are Children’s Wisconsin, Curative Care Network, MCW and Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin. For more information, visit froedtert.com.