Contact: Travis Senn
Digital communications manager
(920) 948-7666 | [email protected]
GREEN BAY, Wis. ― The University of Wisconsin-Madison has long served as ground zero for world-class agricultural research.
Discovery Farms, a farmer-led research and outreach program in UW-Madison Division of Extension, has been gathering on-farm data for years. Dairy Stream host Mike Austin talks with Amber Radatz, agricultural water quality program manager for UW-Extension, about the past and current on-farm projects, key researching findings and future trends.
Thank you to Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin for sponsorship this episode.
(Use of audio clips is encouraged with attribution to “Dairy Stream, co-produced by Dairy Business Association and Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative.”)
- 1:22: High-level overview on the Wisconsin Discovery Farms Program
- 3:37: How Discovery Farms is funded
- 4:57: Explaining the role of the new Agriculture Water Quality Program and its origin
- 7:43: Discussion of the on-farm projects by Discovery Farms
- 11:51: Currently active research sites and future sites coming soon
- 15:41: Key findings in the research and resulting changes across agriculture
- 21:33: How data is tracked and trends are monitored
- 24:15: Trends or research Discovery Farms will track in the next 10-15 years
- 25:50: Getting involved: How farms can support the research efforts
Tweet about this:
Dairy Stream podcast showcases how data monitoring and artificial intelligence can boost farm performance. Listen at https://bit.ly/39qZ67J.
Embed on your website:
<iframe title=”We have on-farm research, now what?” allowtransparency=”true” height=”150″ width=”100%” style=”border: none; min-width: min(100%, 430px);” scrolling=”no” data-name=”pb-iframe-player” src=”https://www.podbean.com/player-v2/?i=v2dw2-1236fd9-pb&from=pb6admin&share=1&download=1&rtl=0&fonts=Arial&skin=f6f6f6&font-color=&logo_link=episode_page&btn-skin=3267a3“></iframe>
About Dairy Stream:
Dairy Stream focuses on policy, sustainability, market trends, new technology, processor updates, business partner news and farmer involvement. Dairy Stream is co-produced by the Dairy Business Association and Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative, sister organizations that fight for effective dairy policy in Wisconsin and Washington, D.C.
The Dairy Business Association is Wisconsin’s leading dairy lobby group, championing smart and sensible regulations affecting the dairy community. The nonprofit organization is comprised of farmers, milk processors, vendors and other business partners who work collaboratively to ensure that dairy farms of all sizes have the support they need to keep America’s Dairyland strong. More information: www.dairyforward.com
Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative provides dairy farmers throughout the Midwest with a powerful voice — the voice of milk — in Congress, with customers and within their communities. Edge, based in Green Bay, Wis., is one of the top cooperatives in the country based on milk volume. More information: www.voiceofmilk.com.