MADISON, Wis. – Wes Schroll, chief executive officer and founder of Fetch Rewards, will speak June 3 during the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs Conference via vFairs, an award-winning virtual platform.
While a student at the UW-Madison in 2013, Schroll launched Fetch Rewards, a Madison-based consumer loyalty and retail rewards app. Fetch Rewards recently raised $210 million in Series D financing, which pushed the company’s total valuation to $1 billion. The $1-billion plateau for a privately held, emerging company is what constitutes a unicorn.
“We’re excited to have someone of Wes Schroll’s vision, credentials and market savvy open this year’s Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference,” said Tom Still, president of the Wisconsin Technology Council. “He’ll talk about the rise of the company, his own building blocks and lessons learned along the way.”
Fetch Rewards allows shoppers to earn free rewards on their everyday purchases simply by snapping photos of their receipts or submitting electronic receipts.
The company has raised $328 million in angel and venture capital over time and is one of the few startups with headquarters outside of Silicon Valley or New York to reach the unicorn valuation milestone.
Produced by the Tech Council, the Entrepreneurs’ Conference has been a signature event for entrepreneurs, investors and others in the early stage sector since launched by the Tech Council in 2003. Detailed panel information will be posted soon at www.witrepsconference.com. Other highlights will include:
- Diligent Dozen: Top 12 finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest will present live, via Zoom on June 2
- The Ken Hendricks Memorial “Seize the Day” 2021 award winner will be announced
- Governor’s Business Plan Contest awards ceremony with category winners, a grand prize winner, a “Bright New Idea” award and a new “People’s Choice” award this year
- Virtual interactive exhibitor booths from more than 30 Wisconsin companies
- A presentation by the winner of the Wisconsin YES! youth business plan contest, and;
- Plenty of chances to network 1:1 virtually, a variety of discussions under the “Launch, Grow, Succeed” theme and much more!
Sponsors thus far include: PLATINUM: American Transmission Co., AT&T, Godfrey & Kahn, Husch Blackwell, University Research Park, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. GOLD: Aberdean Consulting, Makin’ HEY! Communications. SILVER: Affiliated Engineers, American Family Insurance, Alliant Energy, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, BDO, Center for Technology Commercialization, City of Fitchburg, Dedicated Computing, DeWitt, Findorff, First Business Bank, HealthX Ventures, J.P. Morgan Chase, Madison College, Madison Gas & Electric, Marquette University, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Microsoft, Mobile22, Neider & Boucher, Ogden Glazer + Schaefer, PDS, Perkins Coie, Quarles & Brady, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, UWM Research Foundation, UW-Madison D2P, UW-Madison Office of Business Engagement, Venture Investors, Versiti, WEA Trust, WIPFLi, Wisconsin Technical College System. SPECIAL SUPPORT: Madison Development Corp.