Milwaukee – There are just five days left to vote to name our peregrine falcon chicks after the heroes and helpers of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With thousands of votes cast, “Beaker” and “Fauci” are in the lead, but it’s a toss-up for the next few names. Don’t delay — vote to make sure essential workers are part of this one-of-a-kind honor.
The winners will be used to name the peregrine falcon chicks born at We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service (WPS) power plants this spring. So far, we have nine chicks with five eggs ready to hatch.
|Voting runs through Tuesday, May 11. Vote as many times as you’d like to make sure your favorites get picked.|
Just a reminder, your choices are:
|• Beaker in honor of scientists|
• Cargo in honor of the U.S. Postal Service and delivery drivers
• Checkers in honor of grocery store workers
• Cheers in honor of restaurant and bar workers
• Energizer in honor of utility workers
• Fauci in honor of health care workers
• Harvest in honor of farmers• Hugs in honor of parents and guardians
• Keanu in honor of bus drivers
• Kizzmekia in honor of vaccinators
• Murrow in honor of journalists
• Siren in honor of first responders
• Sparkle in honor of cleaning crews
• Teach in honor of teachers
• Courage in honor of everyone else making sacrifices to help others
|Peregrine falcon program|
We Energies and WPS are honored to be a part of a statewide effort to restore the peregrine falcon population. The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources added peregrine falcons to the state’s endangered species list in the 1970s.
Since our first successful nest in the mid-’90s, 410 peregrine falcons have hatched at our facilities. The falcons are drawn to tall structures along Lake Michigan or major rivers, which make many of the We Energies and WPS facilities ideal nesting sites.
This program is another way We Energies and WPS are building a bright, sustainable future. From helping endangered animals and restoring natural habitats, to building new solar facilities and reducing carbon emissions, we are committed to a cleaner future.