WASHINGTON – Today, the Department of Commerce honored 31 U.S. companies and organizations that export goods and services overseas by naming them winners of the 2021 President’s “E” Awards. This year’s winners hail from 20 states, and of the 31 honorees, 25 are small and medium-sized businesses, and 14 firms are manufacturers.
“I am honored to recognize the tremendous achievements of this year’s ‘E’ Awards recipients,” Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo said. “These organizations embody the innovation, dynamism, and resilience characteristic of America’s business community, and they should all be proud of their contributions to our commercial engagement with the global community.”
The President’s “E” Award was created in 1961 by Executive Order of the President. It is the highest recognition a U.S. entity can receive for making a significant contribution to the expansion of U.S. exports.
This year, 16 companies were honored with the “E” Award for Exports for demonstrating a sustained increase in export sales over a four-year period.
“E” Award for Exports
- AGI, An Ansys Company – Exton, Pennsylvania
- AMOpportunities, Inc. – Chicago, Illinois
- Authentix, Inc., – Addison, Texas
- Aventure Aviation – Peachtree City, Georgia
- CAS InterGlobal LLC – Pleasanton, California
- Corteva Agriscience LLC – Indianapolis, Indiana
- Goodway Technologies Corporation – Stamford, Connecticut
- H2O LLC, Lafayette – Louisiana
- Kent Corporation – Muscatine, Iowa
- McLane Global – Houston, Texas
- OverDrive, Inc – Cleveland, Ohio
- Poriferous, LLC – Newnan, Georgia
- Sugar Free Specialties – Comstock, Michigan
- Viracon – Owatonna, Minnesota
- WSC, Inc. – Frederick, Maryland
- Youngstown State University – Youngstown, Ohio
Seven companies and organizations received the “E” Award for Export Service for assisting and facilitating export activities
“E” Award for Export Service
- Auto Care Association – Bethesda, Maryland
- DSG Global, LLC – San Francisco, California
- Gliding Eagle Inc. – American Canyon, California
- Nevada Governor’s Office of Economic Development, International Trade Division – Las Vegas, Nevada
- The Medical Alley Association – Golden Valley, Minnesota
- SD International Trade Center – Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- World Trade Center Utah – Salt Lake City, Utah
Two companies received the “E” Star Award for Exports, which recognizes previous “E” Awardees that have reported four years of additional export growth.
“E” Star Award for Exports
- Cloud Microphones – Tucson, Arizona
- Nidek Medical Products, Inc. – Birmingham, Alabama
Four entities were awarded the “E” Star Award for Export Service, which recognizes previous “E” Awardees that have shown four years of continued support of exporters since first winning the “E” Award.
“E” Star Award for Export Service
- Finacity Corporation – Stamford, Connecticut
- Kallman Worldwide, Inc. – Waldwick, New Jersey
- E. Dey & Co., Inc. – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Maryland Office of International Investment and Trade – Baltimore, Maryland
One company received its 2nd “E” Star Award for Exports, which recognizes previous “E Star” Awardees that have reported four years of additional export growth since first winning the “E” Award. It is one of only five companies so honored in the 60-year history of the “E” Awards program.
2nd “E” Star Award for Exports
- Holmes Corporation – Eagan, Minnesota
One organization received its 2nd “E” Star Award for Export Service, which recognizes previous “E Star” Awardees that have shown four years of continued support of exporters since first winning the “E” Award. It is only the second organization so honored in the 60-year history of the “E” Awards program.
2nd “E” Star Award for Export Service
- Automation Alley – Troy, Michigan
Additionally, Secretary Raimondo presented the 2020 President’s “E” Awards to 39 winners as the 2020 ceremony was canceled due to pandemic restrictions.
American companies are nominated for “E” Awards through the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service office network, located within the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. Record years of successive export growth and an applicant’s demonstration of an innovative international marketing plan that led to the increase in exports is a significant factor in selecting the overall winners.
For more information about the “E” Awards and the benefits of exporting, visit www.trade.gov.