Rebecca Normington, 715-221-9726, [email protected]
MARSHFIELD – The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) recently released its annual Health Plan Ratings and Security Health Plan of Wisconsin, Inc., was once again one of the highest-rated plans in Wisconsin, and in the nation, for its Medicare and Commercial plans.
In the 2021 NCQA Health Insurance Plan Ratings released Wednesday, Sept. 15, Security Health Plan’s Medicare and Commercial plans were both rated a 4.5 out of 5, while its Medicaid, or BadgerCare Plus plans, received a 4.0 out of 5 rating. Here’s a breakdown of how Security Health Plan insurance products are rated by category in the NCQA Health Insurance Plan Ratings for 2021-22:
- Security Health Plan’s Medicare Advantage plans are rated 4.5 out of 5 in NCQA’s Medicare Health Plan Ratings 2021
- Security Health Plan’s Commercial plans are rated 4.5 out of 5 among NCQA’s Commercial Health Plan Ratings 2021.
- Security Health Plan’s Medicaid plans are rated 4 out of 5 in NCQA’s Medicaid Health Plan Ratings 2021.
“It is such an honor to be recognized by NCQA for the outstanding work we do at Security Health Plan on behalf of our members. We continuously strive to provide better quality, greater efficiency, and service excellence,” Security Health Plan Interim Chief Executive Officer Krista Hoglund said. “The ratings reported by NCQA reflect on not only what Security Health Plan is doing, but also the high quality medical care members receive from our provider network. The member is our highest priority.”
Since 2005, Security has earned high ratings from NCQA every year they have released the ratings, which are based on three types of quality measures:
- measures of clinical quality from NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) and Health Outcome Survey (HOS);
- measures of patient experience using the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®);
- results from NCQA’s review of a health plan’s health quality processes (NCQA Accreditation).
NCQA rates health plans that choose to report measures publicly.
Security’s ratings were a result of those quality measures. Medicare Advantage and Commercial plans rated high in a few key categories:
- Members with chronic conditions, such as high blood pressure and diabetes, are receiving the recommended services to treat their conditions.
- Members are receiving recommended screenings for breast and colorectal cancer.
- Medicare Advantage members reported it was easy to obtain care and they rated their health care quality 5 out of 5.
- Security was also rated high (5 out of 5) for childhood and adolescent immunizations, which means members are receiving all their recommended vaccinations.
“Our members can look at this rating as a signal that they are getting their health coverage from a reliable, high-quality team of people all working together on their behalf” Security Health Plan Director of Health Plan Quality Shelley Kress added. “It is quite an accomplishment for Security Health Plan to be formally recognized among the highest rated health plans year after year. I am proud of our employees for the work they do to ensure our members are getting the services they need, when they need them, to help them live as healthfully as possible. Our employees and network providers are dedicated to delivering a high level of service, and ensuring our members receive efficient, high-quality care.”
NCQA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA’s Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in health care. NCQA’s website (ncqa.org) contains information to help consumers, employers and others make more-informed health care choices. NCQA can be found online at ncqa.org, on Twitter @ncqa, on Facebook at facebook.com/NCQA.org/ and on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/ncqa.
Security Health Plan of Wisconsin, Inc., part of the Marshfield Clinic Health System, is helping its 210,000 members in Wisconsin and beyond reach their best health. Accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), Security Health Plan offers health insurance coverage for employees of large and small businesses, individuals and families. It also provides full-service third-party administration for self-funded employee benefit plans through Security Administrative Services.