The Racine County Economic Development Corporation (RCEDC) will celebrate its 38th Anniversary by hosting the 2021 Annual Meeting on June 3rd. The event will be broadcasted live from Foxconn’s High-Performance Computing Data Center (HPCDC) in Mount Pleasant.
This year’s theme is Disruption. With strategic plans foiled by the COVID-19 pandemic, it became essential that RCEDC pivoted to meet the immediate needs of Racine County’s businesses.
In 2020, RCEDC completed 93 projects, more than quadrupling the previous year. RCEDC staff tallied an abounding amount of outreach with 355 businesses technically assisted and 446 businesses called or physically visited.
The Annual Meeting will provide attendees an overview of the creative solutions RCEDC used to guide relief efforts. The event will also recognize the following individuals and organizations for their contributions towards fulfilling RCEDC’s mission:
- Sam Johnson Volunteer of the Year: Ralph Malicki
- Project of the Year: Ashley Capital’s continued development of Enterprise Business Park – securing Amazon as a tenant
- Project of the Year: Hillwood’s continued development of Grandview Business Park – securing Amazon as a tenant and supporting the growth of Logoplaste and Goodwill
- NE Wisconsin Lender of the Year: David La Duke, Vice President of Business at Oostburg State Bank
- SE Wisconsin Lender of the Year: Robert Pieroni, Vice President of Commercial Banking at Community State Bank
This year’s keynote speaker is Shawn Kanungo. Described in Forbes Magazine as “the best virtual keynote speaker I’ve ever seen,” Kanungo will present his keynote address: “Disruption is Opportunity,” tailored for RCEDC and its audience.
The broadcasted event will be free for all who register. Access to registration and more information about the event can be found at disruption-2021.com.