MILWAUKEE (September 2021) – Last year in the midst of the pandemic, homeowners were rolling up their sleeves to tackle various DIY projects in and around their home. After that brief stint, many quickly realized the benefits of working with a professional, experienced contractor.
“We’re hearing more and more stories from the field about homeowners who have learned there are some projects that are above their ‘pay grade’ and require the expertise of a professional contractor or remodeler,” says Diane Welhouse, CKBR, executive director of NARI Milwaukee. “In some cases, homeowners started a project but weren’t able to complete it on their own so our members are coming to the rescue.”
For those who have indoor and outdoor plans in mind, the NARI Home & Remodeling Show is the place to find qualified, trusted, local professionals who can do the job right. This year’s show runs Oct. 15-17 at the Exposition Center at State Fair Park, 8200 W. Greenfield Ave., West Allis.
More than 70 NARI Milwaukee members will be exhibiting and on hand to answer questions, make recommendations and provide guidance, solutions and creative suggestions. In fact, now is the time for homeowners to line up contractors for their 2022 home improvement and remodeling projects.
Participating exhibitors at the NARI Home & Remodeling Show run the gamut of remodeling and home improvement services and products – from design/build firms to specialized contractors for all areas of the home, including roofing, gutters, windows, doors, HVAC, electrical and more.
To provide homeowners a foundational understanding of the remodeling process, NARI Milwaukee is hosting a series of education sessions at the show. Attendees can learn more about the steps and stages of the remodeling process, how to get started, what impacts the remodeling budget and how much remodeling projects cost. Some of the special education sessions include “What is Your Remodeling Plan?” and several editions of “Guess the Price of the Remodel” gameshow.
“For those homeowners who are ready to make interior or exterior improvements and upgrades, our Home & Remodeling Show is the place to start,” says Welhouse. “It’s a convenient way to talk with a number of local contacts to get a feel for how they work and how you might be able to work with them. And, the timing is right because many contractors are booking six to nine months in advance so getting a jump on the process is imperative.”
60th Anniversary Celebration – “Design Through the Decades”
As part of NARI Milwaukee’s 60th anniversary celebration, the Home & Remodeling Show is hosting a first-of-its-kind “Design Through the Decades” exhibit. The exhibit will feature six different room vignettes that showcase design trends from the ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s, ‘90s, ‘00s and ‘10s.
- Visit a California mid-century home from the ‘60s and notice some of the design elements that are still used in today’s open concept homes.
- Marvel at an opulent, over-the-top luxury bathroom from the ‘70s. Think black shag carpeting, foil wallpaper and a full-sized, in-ground Kohler soaking tub.
- Check out the cool bedroom of an ‘80s teen complete with posters, a neon sign, VCR and Atari game system.
- Remember the comfortable ‘90s living room with its plaid couch and the extremely large entertainment center that took up an entire wall.
- The 2000’s welcomed the Tuscan style and its various shades of brown. Take in a living room with rustic décor elements, elaborate tapestries, wrought-iron wall art and warm sunbaked colors.
- It’s all about the selfie so the ‘10s room features a variety of selfie stations that are “picture perfect.” Show attendees can enter the room, select their favorite spot and strike a pose.
“We’re excited to celebrate our 60th anniversary. For six decades NARI Milwaukee has been the go-to resource for homeowners for their remodeling and home improvement needs,” says Welhouse. “Each year we help tens of thousands of consumers by connecting them to industry professionals, providing information and insight and guiding them through their project with a variety of resources. We take that responsibility seriously and are excited to celebrate our leadership in the community.”
NARI Home & Remodeling Show Details
Tickets for the 2021 Home & Remodeling Show are just $8 online when purchased in advance. Tickets purchased at the door are $10 for adults and $8 for those age 60 and older. Children age 17 and younger and active military, retired military, veterans, first responders and medical personnel (with I.D. at the door) are free.
Parking at State Fair is $6 and ample street parking is available.
The NARI Home & Remodeling Show runs:
- Fri., Oct. 15, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sat., Oct. 16, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sun., Oct. 17, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information on the NARI Home & Remodeling Show or to receive a free copy of “Renovate,” our new consumer magazine and membership directory, visit NARIMilwaukeeHomeShow.com or call 414-771-4071.