We gathered with local small business owners, Dane Buy Local and Dane County Executive Joe Parisi to highlight the importance of shopping small this Saturday (and all the time, of course)!
And on Wednesday, prior to the Thanksgiving Holiday, Gov. Evers and his Administration launched “Shop Small, Wisconsin!” (Check out the announcement video above). Main Street Alliance small businesses deeply appreciate efforts by the Administration to support Main Streets across Wisconsin.
From the press statement:
“Gov. Tony Evers proclaimed Nov. 27, 2021, through Dec. 31, 2021, “Shop Small Wisconsin” across the state, an initiative to encourage Wisconsinites to shop local and support Wisconsin’s Main Streets and small businesses during the holiday season. A copy of the governor’s “Shop Small Wisconsin” proclamation is available here.
Additionally, Gov. Evers, together with cabinet members, shared a video message celebrating “Shop Small Wisconsin” and encouraging Wisconsinites to shop at local small businesses during the holidays.
Small businesses are the hearts of many Main Streets and communities in every corner of the state. Shopping at local small businesses and Main Streets is an investment in local jobs, supports strong communities, and helps contribute to Wisconsin’s continued economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic. Wisconsinites can find a number of local businesses near them by going online to mainstreetwi.com.
Want to support Main Street Alliance member businesses and partners on Small Biz Saturday? Check out the great local small businesses below!
- Brix Cider (https://brixcider.com/), Mt Horeb
- Landmark Creamery (https://landmarkcreamery.com/), Paoli
- Wonderstate Coffee (https://wonderstate.com/), Madison, Viroqua, Bayfield
- The Pink Bakery (https://thepinkbakery.com/about-us/), Milwaukee
- The Viroqua Co-Op (https://www.viroquafood.coop/), Viroqua
- Coulee Bicycle Co (https://www.couleebike.com/), Onalaska
- Rusty Raven (https://www.rustyraven.com/), New Glarus
- Company Brewing (https://www.companybrewing.com/), Milwaukee
- Urban Evolutions (https://urbanevolutions.com/), Appleton
- Blue Moon Emporium (https://www.bluemoonemporium.com/), Appleton
- Olde Town Strings (https://oldtownestrings.com/), La Crosse
- The House Cafe and Bakery (https://www.thehousecafeandbakery.com/about), New Glarus
- B&Es Trees (https://www.bandestrees.com/), Viroqua
- Delta Beer Lab (https://www.delta.beer/), Madison
- Bounce MKE (https://www.bouncemilwaukee.com/), Milwaukee
- Little Johns (https://www.littlejohnskitchens.org/), Madison
- American Provenance (https://americanprovenance.com/), Mt. Horeb
- Ruby Coffee (https://rubycoffeeroasters.com/), Stevens Point
- Tapped Maple Syrup (https://www.tappedmaplesyrup.com/our-roots), Stevens Point
- Cultivate Taste Tea (https://www.cultivatetaste.com/), Green Bay
- Three Sheeps Brewing Co. (https://www.3sheepsbrewing.com/), Sheboygan
- Pearl Street Brewery (https://pearlstreetbrewery.com/), La Crosse
- Hinterland Brewing (https://hinterlandbeer.com/), Ashwaubenon