APPLETON, Wis. (December 17, 2021) – Pulse Young Professionals Network, a program of the Fox Cities Chamber, recognized the top 15 young professionals from across the Fox Cities region on Thursday, December 9. In addition, the 2021 Young Professional of the Year was announced during the awards ceremony at The 513 in Appleton.
These outstanding young professionals were honored for the variety of professional and philanthropic roles they serve that make a difference throughout the community. The 2021 Fox Cities Future 15 recipients were chosen based on their professional dedication, strong sense of vision for the future of the Fox Cities and personal commitment to philanthropy in the community they call home.
This year’s award recipients included the following young professionals:
· Kaelyn Ahola, Brand and Communications Coordinator, Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes
· Brittany Beers, Optometrist, InSight Eye Care
· Dawn Bergs, Marketing and Community Relations Director, Aascend Chiropractic
· Dale Bushman, Vice President and Business Banking Relationship Manager, Old National Bank
· Brian Elmer, Vice President and Wealth Advisor, First Business Bank
· Craig Gloudemans, Vice President of Finance, Community First Credit Union
· Michelle Leiting, Human Resources Development Manager, Plexus Corp.
· Stephanie Lenz, Travel Training Specialist, Valley Transit
· Kara McCanna, Luthier, Heid Music
· Luke Schiller, Director of Education, Heckrodt Wetland Reserve
· Amber Schroeder, Executive Director, Harbor House
· Jesus Smith, Assistant Professor, Lawrence University
· Allison Sonsthagen, Director of Marketing Technology and Analytics, ThedaCare
· Lexi Woerishofer, Director of Human Resources and Community Engagement, Van Zeeland Nursery & Landscape
· Pa Ja Yang, Hmong Family Outreach Specialist, Appleton Public Library
Additionally, the YP of the Year was announced. This honoree is a past Future 15 award recipient selected by committee based upon their continued growth and development in the areas of professional achievement, volunteer involvement, community impact, leadership and character in an effort to make the Fox Cities a place where young professionals want to live, work and play.
The 2021 YP of the Year was presented to Ryan Batley, General Manager, Best Western Premier Bridgewood Resort Hotel and Conference Center.
“Born in the Fox Cities, I’ve been able to watch leaders support the community they live, work and play in. Observing this compassion has helped me develop a mentality of “Give where you get,” said Batley. “Through our family business, which employs all walks of life, I feel my passion to give back is shared by others who want to do the same. My goal for today’s youth is to have the same experience or better experience than I did.
He continued, “I feel I have impacted the community the most through my volunteerism. I have been in the Fox Cities my entire life and have a ton of passion for this area. I want the Fox Cities to be a place people are proud to call home and want to stay and grow in. I choose to volunteer and give back because I care about this community and want to see its residents and businesses thrive for years to come.”
Fox Cities Future 15 was made possible through the support of our sponsors, including Presenting Sponsors Miron Construction Co., Inc. and Menasha Corporation. As presenting sponsors, each presented Ryan with a check for $500 toward two non-profits of his choice, Future Neenah and United Way Fox Cities Emerging Leaders. Media sponsor was WHBY; Gold Sponsors were American National Bank Fox Cities and Old National Bank; and table sponsors were Aascend Chiropractic Institute, First Business Bank – Northeast, Heid Music, and Community First Credit Union.
For any questions regarding Future 15 or Pulse Young Professionals Network, please contact Vanessa Buman at [email protected] .
Winner videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/FoxCities125