MADISON – The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) announced the winners of the Vets Ready Initiative, an employer recognition initiative highlighting employers who go above and beyond to support veterans and their families.
“Wisconsin’s veterans bring critically important skills to the workforce and their contributions are helping our economy bounce back stronger than ever,” said Gov. Tony Evers. “By leveraging these talents, Wisconsin’s award-winning Vets Ready employers are gaining a competitive advantage while supporting veterans and benefiting their communities.”
The initiative encourages employers to build a support system within their workplace, hire and retain more veterans, and connect to veterans in the community and their families. Every year, DWD recognizes businesses that have gone above and beyond for the veteran workforce. Businesses are separated into three categories – small, medium, large – and either receive a gold or silver certification.
“DWD applauds the employers who make the concerted effort to hire and support our Wisconsin veteran community,” said DWD Secretary-designee Amy Pechacek. “Veterans have already sacrificed so much for Wisconsin and our country, and now, Wisconsin employers are showing up to support and serve them.”
DWD is partnering with the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs (WDVA), Wisconsin Department of Disabled American Veterans, and the Veterans Chamber of Commerce to recognize nine employers this year.
“Businesses that hire veterans benefit from their training and skills gained in the military,” WDVA Secretary Mary Kolar said. “As a veteran myself, I know full well that we value and expect teamwork. In the military and in business, working as a team is often the difference between failure and success. Veterans are goal driven. If you hire a veteran, you’re likely hiring an employee who knows how to effectively manage others, be accountable for assigned responsibilities, and motivate a team of people to accomplish a common goal.”
These nine employers have been officially deemed as “Vets Ready” and are being recognized for demonstrating their commitment to hiring veterans, supporting their veteran workforce, and connecting with the veteran community.
- TDS Telecom Inc – Gold Level Award
- We Energies – Gold Level Award
- Xcel Energy – Gold Level Award
- Precision Iceblast Corporation – Gold Level Award
- 4imprint – Silver Level Award
- Associated Bank – Silver Level Award
- Deloitte – Silver Level Award
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation – Silver Level Award
- Fox Cities Builders – Silver Level Award
These employers will be promoted by DWD staff to veteran job seekers and community partners through WiscJobsforVets.com. Employers will also be:
- Highlighted as a Vets Ready employer on JobCenterOfWisconsin.com.
- Recognized with a special icon on JobCenterOfWisconsin.com to indicate the employer’s Vets Ready status to all individuals seeking employment. Veterans, active service members, and military spouses seeking employment will be able to identify which employers are Vets Ready on the website.
- Given a Vets Ready Winner emblem to include on the company’s website.
- Presented with a certificate to showcase the award.
- Promoted by DWD Job Center staff, Veterans Employment Services staff, veteran agencies and organizations, and workforce partners.
To learn more about how to apply, please go to Vets Ready Employer Initiative website.