GREEN BAY, Wis. — Agriculture is changing. The future dairy farmer should be aware of risk management, current market trends and their environmental impact.
That’s the message from Sam Miller, managing director of agriculture at BMO Harris Bank, who was a guest on a recent episode of the Dairy Stream podcast. Miller talked about the volatility of the agricultural industry, ESG (environmental, social and governance) investing, automation trends and how tomorrow’s farmers should surround themselves with professionals to build a winning network.
BMO Harris Bank sponsored this episode.
- 1:40: Agricultural inflationary pressures
- 4:42: Looking at the future differently
- 7:23: Key market areas to focus on
- 10:30: Preparing for supply and demand issues
- 12:20: Risk management tools are a necessity
- 15:10: ESG (environmental, social and governance) investing
- 19:25: Automation trends
- 22:49: Measuring environmental standards
- 25:05: Building a winning team