ABC Supply Co. Inc. Becomes 1,000th Partner of U.S. Army’s PaYS Program
Partnership Announced on Army’s 246th Birthday During Ceremony in Beloit, Wisconsin
BELOIT, Wis.— June 17, 2021 —For many veterans, it can be challenging to find careers they love after their service has ended. In 2020 alone, there were over 581,000 unemployed U.S. veterans – which is 581,000 too many if you ask ABC Supply Co. Inc. The company has long supported those who are serving or have served in our nation’s military and is on a mission to provide more veterans with career opportunities within the ABC Supply family.
The company’s military commitment took another step forward on June 14 when ABC Supply became the 1,000th partner of the U.S. Army’s Partnership for Youth Success (PaYS) Program. This program is a strategic partnership between the U.S. Army and a cross section of corporations, companies and public sector agencies.
The goal of PaYS is to reconnect America with its Army and give youth an opportunity to serve their country while they prepare for their future. PaYS partners guarantee soldiers five job interviews and possible employment after the Army. The partnership between the U.S. Army and ABC Supply supports the Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) Act. To date, there are 5.9 million jobs available to soldiers through PaYS.
ABC Supply’s PaYS partnership was announced during a celebratory ceremony at ABC Supply’s National Support Center in Beloit, Wisconsin. The event was held outdoors and followed CDC guidelines. Here’s a recap of the event and some of the remarks made by the U.S. Army and ABC Supply.
- The event began with the singing of the national anthem by “The Anthem Singer,” Jim Cornelison.
- CPT David Niichel, Commander of the Madison Recruiting Company, hosted the morning’s presentation. He first introduced U.S. Army LTC Collin Keenan, Milwaukee Recruiting Battalion Commander, who spoke about goals of the program and how important it is for transitioning soldiers looking to apply the skills they learned in the Army. “I am proud to welcome ABC Supply as the 1,000th member of the Army PaYS family,” shared LTC Collin Keenan. “I am very excited about the possibilities that lie ahead of us as we commit to this partnership.”
- Next, ABC Supply’s President and CEO Keith Rozolis shared more about ABC Supply’s military commitment and the significant contributions veterans have made throughout the company. He explained how PaYS will help ABC Supply more easily connect with talented individuals as they get ready to reenter civilian life. “We are both honored and humbled that ABC is the 1,000th company to partner with the U.S. Army’s PaYS Program,” shared Rozolis. “ABC is committed to helping our military professionals as they transition to civilian life, and our associates across the country are looking forward to making this program a success for all involved.”
- ABC Supply Chairman Diane Hendricks then talked about ABC Supply’s American Pride Core Value and the support and respect the company has for the U.S. military and veterans. She also shared that ABC Supply was built on a dream and that she hopes this partnership helps many veterans continue to live their dreams after their service has ended. “We love our armed forces, and this is the beginning of an incredible opportunity,” shared Hendricks. “This relationship is the epitome of another dream come true for this company. We’re so excited to welcome more Army veterans into the ABC family.”
- The ceremony concluded with the signing of ABC Supply becoming the 1,000th partner of PaYS, a plaque presentation and refreshments for all in attendance.
Since 2017, more than 1,500 veterans have joined ABC Supply’s family, and 19 active military members are on our team. ABC Supply’s military commitment comes to life with other partnerships as well, including: Military.com, RecruitMilitary and Homes For Our Troops.
About ABC Supply
ABC Supply Co. Inc. is the largest wholesale distributor of roofing in the United States and one of the nation’s largest wholesale distributors of select exterior and interior building products. Since its founding by Ken and Diane Hendricks in 1982, ABC Supply’s sole focus has been serving professional contractors and “making it easy” for them to do their jobs by offering the products, support and services they need — including myABCsupply, a tool that allows contractors to order materials, track deliveries, pay invoices and more.
A 15-time Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award winner and two-time recipient of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award for Best Places to Work, ABC Supply is an “employee-first” company that treats its associates with respect and gives them the tools they need to succeed.
Headquartered in Beloit, Wisconsin, ABC Supply has over 800 locations nationwide. More information is available at www.abcsupply.com. Contractors can find resources for growing and improving their businesses on ABC Supply’s blog and the company’s LinkedIn page.
About U.S. Army Recruiting Battalion, Milwaukee
The U.S. Army Recruiting Battalion, Milwaukee has 36 recruiting stations in Wisconsin, Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, and Northwestern Illinois. More information is available at www.goarmy.com/Wisconsin.
# # #