MADISON – Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce (WMC) and Ogletree Deakins announced the winners of the 2020 Human Resources Professional of the Year Awards on Wednesday. The awards were presented to individuals in recognition of their outstanding achievement in the field of human resources and a strong record of giving back to the community and the HR profession.
“Human resources professionals have been more important than ever this year,” said Chris Reader, WMC Senior Director of Workforce & Employment Policy. “This year’s winners deserve both credit and recognition for guiding their employers through the many challenges posed by COVID-19.”
Awards were presented at a virtual event to individuals of high moral and ethical standing who have demonstrated the value of the HR function with their organization through the implementation of best practices, organizational design and effectiveness, and alignment and accomplishment of the strategic direction of the organization.
“Ogletree Deakins is honored to be the presenting sponsor of the 2020 Human Resources Professional of the Year Awards,” said Keith Kopplin, Shareholder at Ogletree Deakins. “Our winners and finalists this year bring incredible value to the business community and are true leaders in the HR profession.”
2020 Human Resources Professional of the Year Award Winners:
- Sarah Condella, Exact Sciences Corporation – Large Employer Category
- Heather Chung, ITU AbsorbTech – Medium Employer Category
- Brian Bourgeois, ChemDesign Products, Inc. – Small Employer Category
An independent panel of judges reviewed applications and selected this year’s winners.
Award finalists include:
- Brian Bourgeois, ChemDesign Products, Inc.
- Heather Chung, ITU AbsorbTech
- Sarah Condella, Exact Sciences Corporation
- Teri Cox, Douglas Dynamics
- Katie Everson, Exact Sciences Corporation
- Kathy Harris, Mercyhealth
- Andrea Hopkins, ERDMAN
- Michelle Johnson, Independent Pharmacy Cooperative
- Abby Klatt, OEM Fabricators, Inc.
- Tim Martin, CNH Industrial America LLC
- Lindsey Pearson, Badger Liquor
- Sandi Reichert, Torrance Casting
- Michelle Szymik , Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry
- Patty Van Ryzin, Bassett Mechanical
- Krista Weber, Southwest Wisconsin Technical College
- Bonnie Will, Badger Tag & Label Corporation