WAUKESHA, Wis. (December 16, 2020) – The Metropolitan Builders Association (MBA) has installed Bill Zach of Zach Building Company as its 2021 president. Also announced were the recipients of the MBA’s 2020 Builder of the Year, Associate of the Year and Hall of Fame awards.
“I am honored to serve as the 2021 President of the Metropolitan Builders Association during such an important time in our industry,” said Zach. “I am excited for the upcoming year and our organization’s dedication to supporting growth and professionalism within the home building industry.”
“The MBA would like to give special thanks to Shelly Basso for her incredible leadership through such an unpredictable year,” said MBA Executive Director Kathy Raab, CAE, CNAP. “We’re also excited to welcome Bill Zach as our new president along with his energy and enthusiasm for the home building industry.”
In addition, the following individuals are now installed as officers of the MBA:
- President-elect – Mike Bauman, Joseph Douglas Homes
- Treasurer – David Roembke, Allan Builders, LLC
- Secretary – Dean Frederick, Thomson Companies
- Past President – Shelly Basso, Aspen Homes, Inc.
- Vice President Associate – Andrea Tjader, Cosentino
- Vice Chair Associate – Brad Herda, FocalPoint Business Coaching & Training
- Secretary-Treasurer Associate – Linda Heipp, Hallmark Building Supplies
Recipients of the MBA’s 2020 awards were also announced:
- Builder of the Year – Jonathan Synovic, Source 1 Project Solutions
- Associate of the Year – Dave Mihalovich, Digitek
The prestigious Hall of Fame Award was presented to Paul Seitz of R&R Insurance. Paul has been a champion for the home building industry by his thoughts, actions and dedication. He has been an active member since 1988, serving on the Associate Advisory Board, Membership Committee and several task forces. He also served as WBA Director and is one of the MBA’s top member recruiters. Paul has worked tirelessly with contractors, developing new industry safe practices to help protect everyone involved.
Announcements were made on December 9 during the MBA Virtual Installation and Awards ceremony. For more information, visit mbaonline.org.