The 2020 Sustain Dane Summit will take place virtually on Thursday, December 3, featuring “Decade to Deliver” as the conference theme. 2020 marks the beginning of a decade where we must accelerate our actions to deliver results on holistic sustainability: a healthy environment, a just economy, and social wellbeing for all. Our program of meaningful speakers and conversations with participants will focus on global solutions and local actions we can take to create a more thriving and equitable community.
The conference will feature a keynote address from Crystal Chissell, the Vice President of Operations and Engagement at Project Drawdown, the world’s leading resource for climate solutions. Chissell will share Project Drawdown’s research, inspiring stories from climate solutions around the world, and her personal experience with social justice and equity in the climate movement.
The Summit will also feature a moderated panel of local leaders who will discuss the intersection of climate, health, and equity and share how their work is shaping a resilient community for all in the decade ahead.
- Chef Tory Miller, Deja Food Restaurant Group
- Lisa Peyton-Caire the Founder, CEO & President, The Foundation for Black Women’s Wellness
- James Edward Mills, Writer and Producer at Joy Trip Project
- Justice Castañeda, Executive Director at Commonwealth Development
Moderator: Robin Lisowski the Director of Research & Innovation at Slipstream Inc.
After an opportunity to connect and network with other attendees, the conference reconvenes to showcase some of the 40 local business and organization leaders that participated in Sustain Dane’s Accelerate Sustainability Workshop this year. They will share their sustainability success stories from 2020 and advice for other organizations on a sustainability journey.
The annual Live Forward Awards will close the day, honoring change makers in our region who are dedicated to creating a community based on holistic sustainability: a healthy environment, a just economy, and social wellbeing for all.
- Laura LaMere, Ho-Chunk Gaming Madison
- Pepe Barros Hoffens, Down with Bikes
- Jenie Gao, Dane Arts Mural Arts & Jenie Gao Studio
- Keith Reopelle, Dane County Office of Energy and Climate Change
- Shawn Koval, Healthy Kids Collaborative
- Brian Britt, Inspire Barber College
- Kathy Kuntz, Dane County Office of Energy and Climate, Kanndo Consulting
- Daniella Echeverria, HoneyBee Studio
- David (Dave) Knetter, Virent
- Joe Parisi, Dane County Government
- Daphne Wu, Middleton High School & Dane County Youth Environmental Committee