MARSHFIELD – Individuals eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid in Barron and Oneida counties have the opportunity to enroll in $0 premium, low-cost health care coverage during the Medicare Advantage annual enrollment period this fall.
Security Health Plan has received approval from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to offer its Medicare Advantage Ally Rx Dual-eligible Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) in Barron and Oneida counties for 2021. The plan is also available in Chippewa, Clark, Eau Claire, Lincoln, Marathon, Portage, Price, Portage, Taylor and Wood counties.
Ally Rx D-SNP covers all hospital care, medical care and prescription drugs for individuals with Medicare and full-benefit Medicaid. Members of Ally Rx D-SNP:
- Pay no monthly premiums;
- Pay no cost sharing for Medicare-covered health services; the only costs may be minimal copayments on Medicaid coverage or a few dollars on prescription drugs through Medicare’s Low Income Subsidy program.
- Have access to more than 6,000 Wisconsin doctors, hospitals, pharmacies and other health care professionals committed to helping members stay as healthy as possible;
- Have a dedicated care team from Security Health Plan that works to help them stay healthy and ensure they get all needed care;
- Get support to manage their health care, making sure they get all the services they are entitled to from Medicare and Medicaid; and
- Get help to find the community resources needed to keep them healthy.
Benefits for Ally Rx D-SNP members above and beyond what Medicare and Medicaid cover alone include:
- Free membership in SilverSneakers® fitness programs;
- A free annual preventive dental exam;
- Optional comprehensive dental coverage for a $34 monthly premium;
- A $115 annual allowance toward eyeglasses;
- Up to $30 per quarter of free over-the-counter drugs and wellness products;
- Free preventive services include bone mass measurement, colonoscopies, mammograms, vaccines, diabetes testing supplies and more;
- Two weeks of free home-delivered meals to help members with congestive heart failure recuperate after an inpatient hospital or nursing home stay; and
- Free, unlimited use of Care My Way® to get health support for many common conditions over the phone with a nurse practitioner who, if needed, can call a prescription into their pharmacy, saving them time, money and hassle.
Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period that runs from Oct. 15 through Dec. 7 is when most Medicare beneficiaries can change the way they receive their benefits.
Security Health Plan is holding online Medicare information seminars during October and November. Plan representatives will discuss the advantages of each plan type and explain when people are allowed to enroll, what is and is not covered, and what charges they will incur.
Individuals who have or will soon be eligible for Medicare are invited to register for an online seminar at www.securityhealth.org/seminar. If you are unable to view an online seminar, you can find more information about 2021 Medicare plans at www.securityhealth.org/medicare21.
You can also call Security Health Plan weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to register for an online seminar, request an appointment or get more information about Medicare plans at 1-844-679-9733. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please call TTY 711.