MADISON, Wis. – While following COVID-19 health protocols remain a high priority, Associated Dentists, which operates dental offices in Madison and Verona, is also encouraging patients to not let the pandemic prevent them from maintaining their dental care, and has taken very specific steps to ensure patient safety.
Measures taken by Associated Dentists to enhance safety and prioritizing the health of all staff, patients and guests, follow infection control recommendations made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Specific steps taken by Associated Dentists to ensure the safety of patients and staff, include:
● Installing a state-of the art cleaning system to reduce contaminants in the air, using a paperless dental system to reduce office touchpoints, and sanitizing all high touch points, common areas, treatment rooms and restrooms throughout the day. The office is continuing to use a professional commercial cleaning company to perform nightly cleanings.
● All staff wear N95 masks and change lab coats after every aerosol procedure. Additionally, the office is using high-volume suction to reduce aerosols during hygiene and doctor procedures.
● Requesting patients to cancel appointments if they do not feel well the day of their scheduled visit or if they have had any of the following symptoms within seven days of the scheduled visit: a fever, chills, dry cough, or difficulty breathing. Associated Dentists will readily reschedule any appointment.
● Taking the temperature of all patients and guests with a touch-free thermometer in addition to asking some basic COVID-19 screening questions at check-in. Associated Dentists is also providing hand sanitizer in the reception area and throughout the office. In an effort to limit the number of guests waiting, patients are being asked to not arrive early.
● All staff, patients and guests are required to wear masks in the building.
For more information on Associated Dentists’ response to COVID-19 and the changes being implemented, please visit www.associateddentists.com or call Madison at 608-238-7112 or Verona at 608-848-4000 to learn more.