Jessica Witt – Senior Marketing Specialist
BDO USA, LLP
Madison, WI – May 9, 2019: Six family businesses were honored at the sixteenth annual Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award banquet held Thursday evening at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison. Three grand awards were presented along with three special awards.
“This year’s nominees came from across the state and represent a wonderful array of industries. We continue to be impressed with the success of these family-owned firms,” stated Julie Bogle, Partner with BDO USA, LLP, the primary sponsor of the program. BDO merged with Smith & Gesteland, the founder of the program, last year.
Nineteen companies were nominated for the awards. Winners were selected by an independent panel of judges. Grand Awards were presented in three size categories: Large (150+ employees), Medium (25 – 149), and Small (under 25). Special awards were given by the judges to companies excelling in a particular area.
This year’s winners come from all corners of the state, from the Milwaukee area to Northcentral Wisconsin. Proof that family businesses are truly in the fabric of our state. There are second through fifth generation businesses in agriculture, retail, manufacturing, food processing, and construction.
- Hunzinger Construction Company, Brookfield – Large
- J&D Tube Benders, Inc. Schofield – Medium
- Wallendal Farms, Grand Marsh – Small
- Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Bacon, Wittenberg – “Smokin’ Success”
- Trans International, LLC, Menomonee Falls – “Adaptive Duo”
- Breaman Merrill Ford, Merrill – “Faithfully Serving the Community”