Milwaukee, Wis. – The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, one of Milwaukee’s leading philanthropic organizations, announced today that it will move from its current east side location to a new building, owned by Hammes Company, at 1400 N. Water Street. The two historic buildings it now occupies, at 1241 N. Franklin Place, along with an adjacent building, will be placed on the market.
“The decision to relocate comes after careful thought and deliberation about how to reaffirm the Bradley Foundation’s legacy in Milwaukee as we move our mission forward,” said Rick Graber, President and CEO of The Bradley Foundation. “The Bradley brothers loved this city and their commitment to strengthening its neighborhoods, families, schools and private, voluntary organizations lives on through the Foundation. As Bradley has grown, so too has the need for a home that enables us to carry out our work more efficiently. We look forward to this new chapter in the Foundation’s history.”
The new office space will occupy an entire floor of the Hammes Company’s new downtown headquarters. The neoclassical architecture is a natural fit for The Bradley Foundation, whose mission is to restore, strengthen and protect the institutions and principles of American exceptionalism.
In addition to the Foundation, the office space will also be the new home of The Bradley Impact Fund, a donor-advised fund that supports American constitutional liberties and ideals. It has quickly become one of the nation’s leading conservative donor-advised funds, growing from $3.5 million in 2013 to more than $9 million last year.
“We’re excited to welcome The Bradley Foundation and The Bradley Impact Fund to our new building,” said Jon Hammes, founder and managing partner of the Hammes Company. “We’re excited to be a part of downtown Milwaukee’s future and it’s a perfect fit to have as a tenant one of our community’s most committed organizations.”
The Bradley Foundation’s existing headquarters, which will be on the market, is an antebellum residence on the National Register of Historic Places originally built in 1855. The Historic American Buildings Survey identifies the building as “the finest surviving pre-Civil War home in Milwaukee.” The Foundation has meticulously maintained its original design, including the replication of the carved lions.
The Barry Company represented The Bradley Foundation in the lease transaction and will be coordinating the marketing of the Foundation’s property.
About The Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation: Founded in 1985, the Milwaukee-based Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation supports organizations that strengthen families and communities, inform and educate citizens, advance economic growth and encourage self-reliance. The Foundation’s approach to philanthropy is guided by four core principles: fidelity to the Constitution with its principles of limited government, federalism, separation of powers, and individual liberties; commitment to free markets; dedication to the formation of informed and capable citizens; and commitment to the institutions of civil society that cultivate individuals capable of self-governance.
About Hammes Company: Hammes has developed in excess of 57 million square feet of projects with a value of more than $23 billion nationwide. The company has extensive experience managing the planning, financing, development, construction, leasing and management of facilities from coast to coast. Modern Healthcare’s Design & Construction Survey has ranked Hammes as the #1 facility developer for 17 of the last 20 years. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., Hammes provides services through a network of regional offices strategically located across the United States.