Contact: Karen Widmar
NWTC workshop focuses on starting a food business
Are you ready to turn your favorite recipe and love of food into a full-fledged business? The Entrepreneur Resource Center (ERC) at NWTC will be hosting a “Start Right the First Time,” a free workshop to help aspiring food entrepreneurs create a recipe for success!
NWTC Luxemburg Regional Center
February 12th from 5:00- 8:00 pm
There`s nothing simple about running a food business. You need a business plan and a distribution plan as well as knowledge of state and federal food and licensing regulations.
This workshop is designed to teach aspiring entrepreneurs the critical steps to starting and running a successful business. Discover valuable, small business resources available in our area.
Key Business Topics Discussed Include:
* Legal- Types of business entities, regulations
* Marketing- Promoting your business
* Accounting- Set up your basic accounting, Hiring an accountant/bookkeeper
* Financing- What the banks look for, alternative sources of financing
* Product packaging & design
* Shared-use food processing kitchens
In addition to experts discussing these basic business topics, a panel of local entrepreneurs and business owners will be answering questions and sharing their experiences and tips for business success.