Contact: Gary Kohn
(608) 757-7769 or cell (608) 436-9578
JANESVILLE, WI – Blackhawk Technical College’s Career and Professional Development Office is planning five different career fairs for early April in conjunction with the Southwest Wisconsin Workforce Development Board.
In addition, Career and Professional Development will sponsor workshops in resume writing, interviewing and networking skills for Blackhawk students and the public prior to the career fairs.
All BTC students are encouraged to investigate jobs in their program fields while members of the public with experience in a specific field also are encouraged to attend.
The Career Fair schedule is:
– Thursday, April 3: Criminal Justice/Public Safety, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., North Commons, BTC Central Campus.
– Monday, April 7: Manufacturing, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., North Commons.
– Tuesday, April 8: Health Sciences, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., North Commons.
– Wednesday, April 9: Business, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., North Commons.
– Thursday, April 10: Transportation, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Center for Transportation Studies, 1740 W. Hwy. 14, Janesville.
By mid-March, more than 30 manufacturing companies had agreed to participate in the career fair. Nine health science organizations, seven transportation companies and 10 business companies also have agreed to participate.
Prior to the career fairs, the Career and Professional Development Office will sponsor professional development workshops. Contact Colleen Koerth at [email protected] or Stephanie Williams at [email protected] for more information on the following sessions:
– Resume reviews: Thursday, March 20, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Room 2104, Central Campus; Tuesday, March 25, Noon to 1 p.m., Room 2616.
– Practice interviews: Tuesday, March 25 and 26, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sign up with the Career and Professional Development Office at (608) 757-7702.
– Networking workshop: Wednesday, April 2, noon to 1 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Room 1315.
ABOUT BLACKHAWK TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Blackhawk Technical College is part of the Wisconsin Technical College System. BTC has five campus locations in Monroe, Beloit and Janesville, WI offering more than 50 programs including two-year associate degrees, one- and two-year technical diplomas and short-term technical diplomas. In addition, BTC is a major provider of customized training and technical assistance for the Rock and Green County business community. More than half of all adults living in Wisconsin have accessed the technical colleges for education and training during the last decade.