Contact: Gary Kohn
(608) 757-7769 or cell (608) 436-9578
JANESVILLE, WI – Blackhawk Technical College invites high school juniors, seniors and all adults interested in investigating technical education to its eleven Tech Exploration Days sessions in October at one of BTC’s five campus sites that will provide a hands on experience in high demand fields.
Tech Exploration Days – TED – provides hands on experience in high demand fields. The events are some of the most popular information programs offered by BTC. Prospective students are introduced to the education Blackhawk students receive in multiple fields of interests. Tours of Blackhawk’s facilities also are available.
Instructors provide guests with program and classroom details in their respective fields, high-tech demonstrations, and cover employment opportunities. Entrance requirements and course demands are also discussed.
TED sessions are available in the following fields on these dates and at these BTC sites:
– Public Safety (Criminal Justice/Fire Protection): Thursday, Oct. 9, 8:30-11:15 a.m., Central Campus, 6004 S. Hwy G, Janesville.
– Business (Marketing, Accounting, Business Management and Human Resources): Monday, Oct. 13, 8:30-11:15 a.m., Central Campus.
– Information Technology (Network Specialist, Web Software Developer and Computer Service Technician/MITS): Monday, Oct. 13, 1-3 p.m., Central Campus.
– Early Childhood Education: Wednesday, Oct. 15, 9-10:45 a.m., Beloit Center, 50 Eclipse Center, Beloit.
– Beloit Health Science (Pharmacy Technician/Nursing): Wednesday, Oct. 15, 9-10:45 a.m., Beloit Center.
– Agribusiness/Farm Business & Production Management: Thursday, Oct. 16, 9-10:45 a.m., Monroe Campus, 210 4th Ave., Monroe.
– Health Sciences (Laboratory Technician, Medical Lab Technician, Phlebotomy Technician): Thursday, Oct. 16, 1-4 p.m., Monroe Campus.
– Automotive Technician & Diesel/Heavy Equipment Technician: Tuesday, Oct. 21, 9-11:45 a.m., Center for Transportation Studies, 1740 Hwy. 14, Janesville.
– Health Sciences (Radiography, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Nursing & Dental Assistant): Thursday, Oct. 23, 8:30-11:15 a.m., Central Campus.
– Advanced Manufacturing (Welding, CNC, Industrial Mechanic): Tuesday, Oct. 28, 8:30-11:15 a.m., Advanced Manufacturing Training Center, 15 Plumb St., Milton.
– Manufacturing (HVAC, Computer Service Technician/MITS, Mechanical Design & Electromechanical Technology): Tuesday, Oct. 28, 1-3:30 p.m., Central Campus.
Registration information is available at the Blackhawk website (Blackhawk.edu) under the events link. For more information, contact Katie Lange at [email protected] or at (608) 743-4463.
ABOUT BLACKHAWK TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Blackhawk Technical College is part of the Wisconsin Technical College System. BTC has five campus locations in Monroe, Beloit and Janesville, WI offering more than 50 programs including two-year associate degrees, one- and two-year technical diplomas and short-term technical diplomas. In addition, BTC is a major provider of customized training and technical assistance for the Rock and Green County business community. More than half of all adults living in Wisconsin have accessed the technical colleges for education and training during the last decade.