Pam Kassner, Super Pear Strategies, LLC
414-510-1838, [email protected]
Follow me on http://twitter.com/pkassner
HORIZON HOME CARE & HOSPICE SEEKS NOMINEES
FOR ANNUAL “TOUCHING LIVES” AWARD
Organization Looks to Honor Individuals Who’ve Made a Lasting, Positive Impact in Lives of Others
Brown Deer, WI – August 14, 2013 – Nominations are now being accepted for the 2014 Touching Lives Award, presented by Horizon Home Care & Hospice, a non-profit licensed, full service home care agency and hospice provider. The award honors those individuals who’ve made a lasting impact on improving the lives of others through their efforts.
The ideal nominee for the Touching Lives Award has demonstrated:
· Length of Service; providing service to our community for at least 20 years
· Depth of Commitment; going beyond what is expected with tenacity
· Innovation in creating their own organization or project, or advancing an existing one
· Leadership, especially in the ability to get others to work together toward a common cause
· Results in their work in health care, human service or community projects that improve lives
· Creation of meaningful change by making a unique or lasting impact through their efforts
Visit http://www.horizonhomecareandhospice.com/events/TouchingLives.asp for a nomination form or contact Kelly Andrew at [email protected] or 414-586-6268. Nominations are due by Friday, September 6th.
The 2014 Touching Lives winners will receive their awards at Horizon’s annual Matters of the Heart Gala in mid-February. The awards are hand-blown glass works of art created by local artist Daniel Ostrov. Horizon established the awards in 2007 along with the Gala, which raises funds for the agency’s Grief Resource Center – Wisconsin’s only free walk-in center dedicated to grief, bereavement and healing.
Past Touching Lives recipients include former Wisconsin First Lady Sue Ann Thompson, executives Leo Brideau, Bill Petasnick, Paul Westrick and Pamela Parker; film makers Michael Bernhagen and Terry Kaldhusdal; physicians; and hospice and palliative care nurses.
Horizon Home Care & Hospice, a non-profit organization established in 1990, is the state’s second largest full service home care agency and hospice. Horizon, in partnership with Columbia St. Mary’s and Froedtert and Community Health, is licensed to provide home care and hospice services, Medicare and Medicaid certified and accredited by The Joint Commission. For more information, please visit http://www.horizonhch.org.