Capstone National Partners –
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Dec. 18, 2012) — Capstone National Partners and Husch Blackwell announce that they have forged a strategic relationship to provide clients with even greater advocacy and public policy expertise in the defense and national security arena. Capstone National Partners, a boutique governmental lobbying firm, and Husch Blackwell, a full-service law firm with 600 attorneys, established this affiliation to fully maximize one another’s expertise, resources and strengths.
Husch Blackwell’s strategic advisors for the new collaboration include:
* Partner Ike Skelton, former U.S. Representative and former chairman of the House Armed Services Committee;
* Of Counsel Russell Orban, former general counsel of the U.S. House Committee on Small Business; and
* Managing Director of Governmental Affairs Richard Martin, former campaign manager for U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill.
Capstone National Partners’ strategic advisors for the new collaboration include:
* Founder and CEO John Rogers, a 25-year veteran of the field;
* Steve Moffitt, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Senate Affairs;
* Alan MacLeod, former chief of staff to U.S. Representative Ron Kind; and
* Diane Rogers, former chief of staff to the Deputy Secretary of Education.
“We are thrilled to be working with Ike and the Husch Blackwell team,” said John Rogers. “Ike Skelton is widely known to be one of the most thoughtful and influential national leaders on defense policy in this country. For our collective clients it creates an unparalleled opportunity that we are enormously proud to offer.”
Husch Blackwell’s Martin says that having access to each other’s additional services will take their work to the next level. “Partnering with Capstone really allows us to expand our efforts for current and future clients and, together, create an even stronger defense government affairs practice,” he said. “It’s a situation where the whole truly is greater than the sum of its parts.”
Under the agreement, Capstone National Partners and Husch Blackwell’s Public Policy, Regulatory & Government Affairs practice each maintains their existing clients and will jointly seek to develop new clients.
Capstone National Partners is a bipartisan government affairs and public policy firm with offices in Washington, D.C., and Milwaukee, Wis. Serving clients across the country, its federal team combines expertise in identifying federal funding mechanisms, designing and executing appropriations, and authorizing strategies and strategic planning and positioning.
Husch Blackwell is a full-service litigation and business law firm with 600 attorneys in locations across the United States and in London, serving clients with domestic and international operations. Its government affairs professionals excel at assisting clients in developing and executing public policy strategies for legislative, administrative and regulatory decision-makers.