FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
Brenna Kriviskey Sadler
MILWAUKEE – The Southeastern Wisconsin Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) has awarded Zeppos & Associates, Incorporated 10 Paragon awards for outstanding work in 2010. Zeppos & Associates’ professionals were honored for their work in media relations, special events, public affairs, public relations tactics, marketing consumer products and services and integrated communications.
“Our team’s goal has always been to be the best – not the biggest – PR firm in Wisconsin, and to earn 10 awards in a single evening is a fantastic accomplishment,” said Evan N. Zeppos, president of the firm. “This recognition is testament to our team’s creativity, skills and unwavering dedication to consistently meeting and exceeding client expectations and goals.”
Zeppos & Associates earned Paragon Awards in the following categories:
* An Award of Excellence in the category of public affairs for developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to build support and secure approval for a $50 million, job-creating luxury hotel in the heart of Downtown Milwaukee;
* An Award of Excellence in the category of media relations tactics for a news conference unveiling the new scoreboard at Milwaukee’s Bradley Center arena;
* An Award of Excellence in the category of media relations for local, state and national media efforts for the 2010 Cousins Subs Moo Tour and Moo-la-palooza, a mooing contest at the Wisconsin State Fair;
* An Award of Excellence in the category of marketing consumer products/services for its work to build national buzz and skyrocketing sales for Deep-Fried Cheese Steak on a Stick, Cousins Subs’ new food-on-a-stick treat at the 2010 Wisconsin State Fair;
* An award of Excellence in the category of media relations tactics for its work to pitch and place an article on trade secret law on behalf of the national law firm of Quarles & Brady LLP;
* An Award of Merit in the category of special events for coordinating President Barack Obama’s successful visit to ZBB Energy, a start-up solar energy company in Menomonee Falls;
* An Award of Merit in the category of integrated communications for its efforts, including a viral video concept, to promote the 2010 Briggs & Stratton Battle of the Bands, an online contest where the winner plays on Briggs’ Big Backyard Stage at Summerfest in Milwaukee;
* An Award of Merit in the category of special events for the creative and successful grand opening celebration of Milwaukee’s newest creative arts school, the Art Institute of Wisconsin;
* An Award of Merit in the category of media relations tactics for a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel pitch that resulted in a front-page story, several color photographs and significant online treatment about the Art Institute of Wisconsin’s first day of classes; and
* An Award of Merit in the category of integrated communications for its efforts to demonstrate how the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association and the cranberry industry have worked to increase environmental, economic and social responsibility over the past 20 years.
The 2010 PRSA Paragon Awards were announced at a ceremony on May 19 at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee.
Zeppos & Associates, Incorporated is ranked as one of the top independent public relations firms in the nation. The firm, located in Downtown Milwaukee, provides public relations and government affairs services to a diverse group of local, national and international clients. More information about Zeppos & Associates and its staff can be found at http://www.zeppos.com.